
So, our ward Christmas party was Saturday and Damon got to see Santa for the first time. He didn't give the poor guy in a red suit the time of day. Maybe next year Santa.
Sunday was my 28th birthday. Yikes! 2 more years until the big 3-0. We enjoyed the day and ate a yummy roast dinner. I made and frosted my funfetti cake and Barrett decorated it.
I got headphones and a pedal for my keyboard and it makes all the difference in the world. We're planning on exploring the world of keyboarding now. I also got some other fun things: mini muffin silicone pan with muffin mix, money, make up, peanut M&Ms, a cute vest, phone calls, cards, and early gifts of Josh Groban Noel CD and Yoga Booty Ballet. Yay for me!
I got headphones and a pedal for my keyboard and it makes all the difference in the world. We're planning on exploring the world of keyboarding now. I also got some other fun things: mini muffin silicone pan with muffin mix, money, make up, peanut M&Ms, a cute vest, phone calls, cards, and early gifts of Josh Groban Noel CD and Yoga Booty Ballet. Yay for me!Monday was Damon's first birthday! It started off with a car ride to take Barrett to the train and hearing on the radio: Damon Barrett Edwards the Fifth turns 1 today! We were hoping he'd win the free ice cream cake, but no such luck. We went to the pediatrican and Damon received 4 shots then slept the rest of the morning:) We had a good afternoon too. Barrett came home early and we went to the grocery store for our free one year old 1/4 sheet cake! We ate dinner then tried to open presents.
Damon was pretty disinterested, but when he opened his little doggy from Grandma Ro, he just wanted to play with that. He got some pretty good loot: jammies, books, toys that make noise, and a super cute coat from Grandpa Barry who picked it out personally and stood in line for an hour at the Park City outlets on Black Friday! We invited the Primary Presidency and families over for cake since I realized they see Damon almost more than anyone and he loves their children. So, 15 people in our little one bedroom apartment with new toys and an entertaining one year old.
Damon's hand was in the cake before I even had it completely on his tray. He totally chowed down and probably would've eaten the whole thing if I let him. Later we discovered him with his hands in one of the boy's chocolate ice cream just helping himself. As I was trying to clean him up, he touched the boy and left a little chocolatey Damon hand print. It was so funny and cute!
Damon was pretty disinterested, but when he opened his little doggy from Grandma Ro, he just wanted to play with that. He got some pretty good loot: jammies, books, toys that make noise, and a super cute coat from Grandpa Barry who picked it out personally and stood in line for an hour at the Park City outlets on Black Friday! We invited the Primary Presidency and families over for cake since I realized they see Damon almost more than anyone and he loves their children. So, 15 people in our little one bedroom apartment with new toys and an entertaining one year old.
Damon's hand was in the cake before I even had it completely on his tray. He totally chowed down and probably would've eaten the whole thing if I let him. Later we discovered him with his hands in one of the boy's chocolate ice cream just helping himself. As I was trying to clean him up, he touched the boy and left a little chocolatey Damon hand print. It was so funny and cute! Now we're trying to get ready for Christmas. Damon and I fly to California Monday, December 17th. Barrett comes the 21st. I'm trying to motivate myself to make Christmas treats and cards, but it's not really working.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Amy and Damon!
I was wondering when the big birthday post was going to appear. Looks like you all had a great time.
We miss you guys!
Yay for birthdays!!!! I would like to add that i stood in line and helped barry get the coat on black friday and i got pushed into some stupid cart that sliced and ripped my favorite jeans in that stupid tommy outlet -- all for little damons coat. haha. love you guys.
Happy Birthday Amy! I hope it was a good one! It's so good to get updates on all that is happening with you and your little family. I've gotten totally sucked into the blog world...it's one of my modes of entertainment now that I spend so much time nursing! Damon is super cute...I can't believe he's already a year old. Any advice you can throw my way about life with babies is totally welcome. I miss you!
Jess
Post a Comment