Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weekend Visitors

On Thursday night, Barrett's parents and Brother and sister-in-law came in for a weekend visit. Friday we ditched Damon with the grandparents and headed into Washington DC. We were worried about the rain, but pretty much avoided it. We pretty much avoided all possible catastrophes that are possible when driving in, through, and out of DC. We were able to do things Barrett and I never really did in DC before. We took a tour of the Capitol Building, saw the Supreme Court Building, the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution. We headed over to the Mall to see what was still open--Caitlin and I oohed and ahhed at the beautiful diamonds, and other fancy gems while the boys were trying to move the car. Kim caught up with us after work and we visited for a few minutes before she had to catch the metro home. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen, then drove home. The next day we had a delicious breakfast thanks to my father-in-law, then decided to head into Philly for "the norm". We were so worn out on the way home and I tried to take a nap, but it didn't quite work out. We had yummy Rita's that night and everyone caught up on the football games from the day (I could care less). Sunday was busy with church things, then we had a feast of hawaiian haystacks before everyone had to leave. Damon LOVED all the attention and had so much fun. We're trying to get back to our normal routine--Damon has been talking and clapping in his bed for the last 45 minutes instead of sleeping. It was a quick weekend, but we're glad we were able to see family.

2 comments:

Becca S. said...

Not to downplay your fun weekend, but the best part of this post is the fact that Damon has been clapping in his bed for the last 45 min. What a funny boy! It did sound like a fun weekend though!

Spitzer Family said...

It's so fun there- so much to see! I keep thinking about you and how I am so close by, yet not really. It's fun to keep up with you. Did you notice I stole your song... :)