What a wonderful weekend. It had potential for being awful...Thursday night was horrible as Damon decided to wake up at one in the morning! He stayed awake until about 4. Friday was awful and we just tried to get through it...barely! We have a little babysitting group with some other couples where we switch off babysitting every couple weeks. So, we barely made it, but dropped Damon off to play with his friends and we went out to dinner. It was a nice little refresher for us and made us all a little more happy:)
Saturday morning I went in to get some blood work done while the boys stayed at home and played. Damon went right down for a nap (as well he should!) and Barrett and I were able to watch General Conference on cable at home. We loved and devoured every talk and word spoken. We especially enjoyed the announcement of the Philadelphia Temple to be built!! There has been lots of hope from the members here, but Barrett and I thought it would still be awhile (Washington DC is never really too crowded). We were so grateful to hear the news for many reasons. Lots of thoughts rushed through our minds: 1.Philadelphia is one of the most populated cities in the US and it doesn't have a temple...there should be one to be a "light on a hill" for visitors and residents to see. 2. My dear Grandpa Weed and his family were very dedicated Saints out here for many years and helped the church progress...one year after his passing another temple is announced in the East when their whole lives spent here, the closest was in Salt Lake City. 3.(selfishly) When we move south, we will most likely be closer than a 2 hour drive to the temple! 4. Hooray, another beautiful temple on the earth!
Damon took a wonderful 3+ hour nap! For the second session, he was remarkably good for a not quite 2 year old. We pulled out crayons, butcher paper, coloring books, and opened up a big diaper box to color on. He had us tracing everything...hands, Elmo, Diggy:) It was great. Diggs absolutely LOVED the children's choir. Every time they sang, he was mesmerized and stared at the children singing. I wish I would have recorded those few numbers so I could replay them for him. Having a children's choir reminded me of a story my sister told me about my nephew. He was watching General Conference on tv a few years ago and saw a Primary Children's Choir singing...he turned to his mom and said with a panic,"am I supposed to be there?" Gotta love children:)
Damon loved saying "oot (pause) doorph" for President Uchtdorf. We smile every time he says it. Barrett thinks it's really funny that he picked up on that word since most everyone has a really hard time pronouncing it right and Damon pretty much has it down:)
We made dinner, spent a little time together and sent Barrett off to the Priesthood session. I enjoyed eating ice cream and flipping channels.
Sunday was wonderful too. Damon slept in!! We made Pumpkin Waffles thanks to my sister-in-law's recipe. They were delicious and we enjoyed having a yummy breakfast on a Sunday morning. We played and enjoyed the morning, then put Diggs down for a nap. Barrett and I were able to enjoy the morning (noon) session without any interruptions. I got a short little nap afterwards until Damon woke up. We made brownies and chicken pockets. We watched the final session of conference and pulled out the crayons and coloring books again, but this time had to add more...the blocks had to come out, and the entire toy basket as well. We were still able to hear and enjoy conference even with a few distractions.
We loved our weekend together as a family. It was a nice break from the cares of the world. I love conference time when we can enjoy each session and feel buoyed up from the words of the prophets and apostles. We are truly blessed to have such truth on the earth today.
*We recorded Damon saying a few of his latest words. Pause the playlist on the right.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
your hair looking really cute. i have to say i was very very excited about the temple in philly, that will be great for you guys!
Very cute! It sounds like you guys had a good weekend! You made me cry about grandpa and the temple though.
I totally started jumping up and down crying when Pres. Monson announced the Philly temple! I thought it would be a very long before we saw it...if ever, but it is so great!
Damon is getting so big! And I love all his words!
I totally want that recipe for pumpkin waffles. Will you post it or email it to me?
camifife (at) gmail
I love that little boy! And Ainsley's right, your hair it totally cute.
I actually thought it was funny that the Philly temple will be built AFTER you move further away.
cute! and I like the new haircut, too. :)
Post a Comment