Today we headed to "The Big City" (that's what Barrett told Damon). After 3 years of taking the train just about every day, Barrett was missing Philadelphia. We met up with our friends at Macy's to see the Wanamaker Organ, Christmas tree and light show, and Dickens Village. The kids were so cute watching the lights. Dicken's Village was so cute and made us want to watch Muppets Christmas Carol. Barrett and I had to sing at least one line of "The Love is Gone..." when we got to the figure of Scrooge's girlfriend breaking up with him. Whenever I get annoyed or upset with Barrett, he sings me this line:) It was pretty rainy, but we walked through Love Park (which I had never been to...of all the dozens of times I'd been to Philly!). We ended the event with Potbelly's super delicious sandwiches...we by-passed the Philly cheesesteaks this time. On the drive home, the "wintery mix" turned into super large snowflakes, but by the time we got home, there wasn't much snow. Barrett still had to make at least one snowball. We watched "A Boyfriend for Christmas" a Hallmark original and one of the best and also one we had never seen. We LOVE Hallmark and Fa la la la Lifetime! Hooray for Christmas!!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
First Saturday in December
Today we headed to "The Big City" (that's what Barrett told Damon). After 3 years of taking the train just about every day, Barrett was missing Philadelphia. We met up with our friends at Macy's to see the Wanamaker Organ, Christmas tree and light show, and Dickens Village. The kids were so cute watching the lights. Dicken's Village was so cute and made us want to watch Muppets Christmas Carol. Barrett and I had to sing at least one line of "The Love is Gone..." when we got to the figure of Scrooge's girlfriend breaking up with him. Whenever I get annoyed or upset with Barrett, he sings me this line:) It was pretty rainy, but we walked through Love Park (which I had never been to...of all the dozens of times I'd been to Philly!). We ended the event with Potbelly's super delicious sandwiches...we by-passed the Philly cheesesteaks this time. On the drive home, the "wintery mix" turned into super large snowflakes, but by the time we got home, there wasn't much snow. Barrett still had to make at least one snowball. We watched "A Boyfriend for Christmas" a Hallmark original and one of the best and also one we had never seen. We LOVE Hallmark and Fa la la la Lifetime! Hooray for Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nice pics.... but, hallmark Christmas movies? barf.
I love "A Boyfriend for Christmas". It has Jeff (Kelly's boyfriend) from Saved by the Bell
Post a Comment