Thursday, June 9, 2011

Museums, Cars, and Books

After visiting the Natural History Museum last week, Damon came home and starting making his own museum. He drew pictures of animals and dinosaur bones on display, cut them out, and taped them to the wall. He then drew fossils and taped it to a box. He was trying to figure out how to make a box to go over it so people couldn't touch the fossils. I pulled out a page protector sheet and found some magnifying glasses for him to use. He then made us all come to his museum and bossed us around.

Saturday was a novelty...we didn't have anything we HAD to do! We loaded the van up with some boxes from the garage to take to the recycle bins and planned to go to Sam's Club afterwards. Well, the van wouldn't start! Barrett finagled his car up on the grass next to the van to jump it. The boys were super excited and wanted to be in on all the action with the jumper cables sparking everywhere...they were quickly banned to the stairs to watch. We all piled in and drove through a nearby development's community yard sale. When we got home and turned off the car, it wouldn't start back up. Barrett remembered we have a warranty on our battery, so he called up the Honda place. We switched the carseats over and ventured over to get it taken care of. We got sandwiches and went to the park. Unfortunately I had taken the boys there the day before, so they were a little bored, plus it was kinda warm. We picked the car back up and went home to wash them both. The boys loved it. Then, they started spraying Dad...they loved that too! I told Barrett I was so grateful the car battery died when it did and not when we had visitors here and were travelling all over the place! That would have been bad.






We love the book by Mo Willems, "The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog." We've probably read it 1,000 times and probably have checked it out from the library for a total of 20 or so weeks. One night we realized the boys can recite it by memory...it is funny. Of course they didn't do such great readings when I was filming. Tommy is usually hilarious...I've cried laughing at times! Make sure you pause the playlist on the right first.

5 comments:

QAE said...

Not 'a' hotdog... MY hotdog...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Anne Burnett said...

I love that Damon made his own museum - he has inherited some serious creativity genes!

Kim said...

I love the museum! I'm also glad you recorded the boys reading the book. That may have been one of my favorite parts of the visit. Hilarious! Oh, and I'm REALLY glad Barrett was prepared to get sprayed this time...

Barry said...

The cutest boys a Grandma (or as Tommy says it...."Ga Ma")could ask for. Damon's imagination is so precious and good for his development. Glad to see the boys getting their Dad wet. Sounds like a fun day.
Grandma

Jenny said...

Cute museum! What a creative kid! I like how he even thought about the protective glass. Too cute!