My parent's ward was having a carnival the day we were flying home. My parents were putting on the fishing booth, so we had been shopping with my mom for "prizes." They also talked about the carnival at church...which added salt to the wounds of my boys. They kept asking if we could fly home the day after. We finally just told them we'd have our own carnival and everyone would be in charge of a game. Tommy did musical chairs, my mom did the fishing booth, I did a bean bag toss, my dad did a clothespin drop, and Damon did a bowling game (with toilet paper rolls and a ball). I thought it would last 10 minutes...but it went a lot longer than that. We had a lot of fun! The boys decorated goodie bags and loved getting stickers, cookies, pennies, balloons, and other prizes from each game they played. They were really excited about the whole thing!
Grandma Weed made our family this bean bag game many many years ago and we still love to pull it out. The boys especially loved it this time!
Musical chairs
Well, now we're home and back to the real world. Our trip home was full of surprises! In the airport Damon mentioned that his head hurt, then later that his tummy hurt. When we sat down on the plane, he said his head really hurt, so I gave him some motrin. A few minutes later he looked like he was going to throw up so I got out the little bag just as the flight attendant was walking by. She asked if he was ok, and I told her the details. She got him pretzels and gingerale and later brought a cold paper towel for his neck. Luckily, he fell asleep, but towards the end of the flight, he woke up and threw up. When we landed, I pushed that little call button and our flight attendant friend came right over and helped me out...she was great...I wish I would have gotten her name! A lady sitting close by asked if I needed her help getting off the plane, which was really nice of her. We waited until most everyone was off the plane, then hurried off, but had to stop for Damon to throw up again. Anyway, we camped out on the floor far away from everyone in Denver and had a few more episodes. I called Barrett and discussed what our options were. I finally just headed over to our next flight and they announced the flight was only a third full. My prayers were answered...we could get on and not feel like we were contaminating the whole world. Damon fell right asleep and slept almost the entire flight. When he woke up, he threw up a little and the flight attendant gave me a couple garbage bags. Barrett picked us up and got us home. Phew...we made it. I said many prayers that day and feel like they were answered. We're glad to be back together as a family.
2 comments:
you win for being a great mom! way to survive a crazy plane trip. i don't know that i could have done it with such grace. glad you all made it home safely!
Always so wonderful to be with family - glad you had such a great trip (until the return flight, of course).
Post a Comment