Friday, April 27, 2012
Boy Fun
Damon has just about mastered his bike-riding skills this week. He can now take off on his own, stop, turn, ride in circles, ride on the grass (apparently it is more difficult than you think), and act/think he's doing a wheelie. Tommy was running alongside Damon and there was a mishap. Damon's tire bumped into Tommy's back, which made him trip, which made Damon's front tire somehow roll or rub Tommy's ear and shoulder. So to keep from more injuries, Tommy and I made Damon an obstacle course. Here it is:
RING OF FIRE
Dare Devil Damon had to ride through the RING OF FIRE
CROCODILE PIT
Ride over or across the crocodile pit without getting snapped by crocs.
WATER HOOP
This was originally the second phase of the obstacle course because we were worried Dare Devil Damon would get flames on him from going through the RING OF FIRE, so he would go through the water hoop to get the flames off.
HAUNTED HOUSE
Damon requested this...don't know why, but there it is with spooky ghosts, spiders, and bats.
SIGN AT THE END
We figured there needed to be a sign at the end to praise the Dare Devil after completing such a cool obstacle course. Tommy thought it needed to say AWESOME DUDE.
Damon would try to hop wheelies through it and thought he really was. He loved riding through it. Tommy eventually had to try it out to on his little push toy...so I had to push him through and hope he made it to the end. We had to give him a "name" too. So, Thunder Bolt Tommy was added to the course:)
We have THE BEST library story times here. Today was Bob the Builder day. After stories and watching Bob build a tool box, the kids got their own hard hat and were sent off to build with styrofoam, golf tees, and wooden mallets. My boys were in heaven. We were building for at least 45 minutes...probably longer! I think there was one other little boy left still working:) We had to come home and take pictures of their structures...after we stopped off at Dad's office to show him first (who knows if they'll still be intact when he gets home).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This made me smile! I love it. And I was totally picturing styrofoam balls so this is much more intense than I thought.
Way to go, guys!
I LOVE the obstacle course! So cute (and good drawrings,Simon)! And someone had an awesome idea with the whole building things with styrofoam and golf tees. Genius!
Amy you are the coolest mom!
Post a Comment