Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week O Fun

Barrett went on High Adventure with 2 of the Scouts this last week. They joined up with our old Newark friends in Washington DC early Monday morning to start their 185 mile bike trek. I'm literally amazed by some of the things he said he did...sacrifice upon sacrifice. He's awesome! 

So, while he was gone, I knew I had to entertain the boys with some adventures for the week. We went to pick blueberries at Fifer Orchards, plus ate apple cider donuts, swung on the horse swings, played bean bag toss, and boccie ball. They loved it! Way back in February, Barrett bought the boys these little Lego sets in case we needed them for the airplane. Well, they didn't and we'd been saving them for just the right moment. This was the perfect time! The boys played with them all afternoon, plus one morning and every so often now. 




One day we played Angry Birds outside with water balloons. Really, it just made for Angry Mom...filling up those silly water balloons was so aggravating! They drew piggies all over the drive way, then threw water balloons at them. They also played in the sprinkler with water guns. After dinner, we went to Byler's for ice cream. The boys were in heaven with those big scoops!



We also attempted playgroup at the park, but it was so hot all the kids just sat around under the trees. We just chilled the rest of that day...and played on the slip and slide.

The next day I had a Doctor's appointment. My sitter cancelled, so I bribed the boys that we'd do something really fun if they were good. So, that afternoon we went to Chuck E. Cheese to use up some tokens we'd been saving. They had a great time! An awesome friend surprised us after dinner with a fun little balloon game for the boys. She showed up at just the right time!

Friday, we met up with friends at a bounce house place. The boys had so much fun!! They didn't stop. Our friends left after about 2 hours and my boys kept going another whole hour!! I was starving and wished I brought lunch, but they were happy! I eventually talked them into going home for lunch. They keep asking if we can go back:) We picked up pizza that night and saw friends for a bit.



We spent our last day cleaning out Barrett's car, playing in the water, and trying to stay occupied. The boys were excited to see their daddy that night. They couldn't stop touching and talking to him. Tommy was fascinated with Barrett's beard and kept rubbing it. They called it his pirate beard and were sad when he shaved it off for church. We sure are glad he's back!!
 And, this is a little of what Barrett experienced throughout the week.





1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awesome! You guys always think of fun things to do! And go Barrett and those two scouts!