Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Stories
No pictures, just funny stories about the boys.
In the last few weeks, Tommy has started saying his "L" sound more correct. It is pretty funny to hear some of the words a little more drawn out to get the sound out. It sure is interesting how these kids continue to develop.
Awhile before Tommy could say his "L" sound, he was telling Barrett what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said, "I want to be a warrior just like dad." Yep, he meant "lawyer." (Now he just wants to be a daddy)
The other day Tommy and Damon were playing downstairs. Tommy needed something upstairs so he told Damon, "I'll be back in a flash."
We've been talking a lot about babies around here and what the boys were like when they were babies. Tommy was telling us how he was when he was a baby. "I cried and you shush-ded me."
Damon got in trouble during dinner one night. He was excused to leave the table to cry in another room. When he came back, he moved his chair and place setting away from dad (he's the one who got mad at him). Damon then said, "It's gonna be a competition. When I'm a dad, I'm gonna be a lot kinder to my kids!" The boys then laid into their dad about all the things he does that are mean or unkind. They all came to an agreement of how they should act with each other. It was really funny!
At breakfast one morning the boys got talking about jobs/careers. They told Barrett that he should be an ice cream man, that way he could park outside our house and give them free ice cream. They then decided that he should be a police man. We asked why and they said,"because then he can chase robbers." I said, "no, what if the robbers have guns?" Tommy said, "well, we need to get dad a gun!"
One day we were Skyping with Uncle Tanner. At the end of the conversation, Damon said,"Where are your kids?" Tanner responded,"I don't have any yet?" One of the boys then said,"Aren't you boring? We'd be boring without kids!"
We've been having a difficult time coming up with baby girl names. Damon will randomly suggest a name. One day he came up to us and said, "I've got the best name--Diarrhea"
Mom: Uh, do you know what diarrhea means?
Damon: No.
Mom: It means poop.
Damon super shocked: Oh! then starts laughing and saying it definitely isn't a good name for our baby.
*He really thought it sounded like a pretty name and had no idea what it really meant...he was serious...that was the best part:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That name is hilarious! Too funny that one.
Post a Comment