Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baby Hannah

Well she's here!! Sweet Baby Girl finally came...one day early:) Saturday, September 29th, Barrett and Tommy went to clean the church while sick Damon and I stayed home. Around lunch time, we picked up Tommy and went to Subway and hung out until Barrett got done cleaning. The boys hopped in the car to go to BWI to pick up grandma. I took a nap, but could tell things weren't quite right. I started occupying myself instead of panicking. I played on the computer, painted my toe nails, packed my hospital bag, prayed that I would know when to go to the hospital (with the last 2 I'd get there and be ready to deliver), and read my scriptures while timing contractions. After 3 recordings of 3-4 minutes apart, I decided to just drive myself to the hospital before things got really bad and I wouldn't be able to make it. I called Barrett on the way. At the hospital, when they finally got around to checking me, I was at a 7 so they moved me to a delivery room (actually, they made me walk there). I held onto my phone and prayed Barrett would make it...luckily he did!! About 30 minutes after he arrived, our sweet baby girl arrived!! We were surprised that she weighed in at 8 pounds 6 ounces. I felt a lot smaller throughout this pregnancy and thought for sure I might finally have a baby under 8 pounds...but no. Her cheeks were so big and squishy and she even had a double chin! We loved looking at her dark hair and hairy little ears:) 




Since my mom had made it just in time, the boys were being taken care of so Barrett was able to stay with me that night. The next day he went home to shower and check on the boys and grandma. Damon's rash looked worse and we were worried about bringing him to the hospital. Barrett brought Tommy to visit. He was all smiles...or grins in his case:) He couldn't get enough of his baby sister...it was extremely cute! We let him watch a movie while we hung out staring at baby sister's cuteness.
 We felt bad that Damon was sick and probably shouldn't be around his new sister, so I told Barrett to snag some face masks at the hospital entrance for Damon. My mom brought Damon over. He was really cute with her too, but after awhile, we got worried that he was infecting the entire room my investigating and touching everything there. They left during baby sister's bath time.


 On Monday, I was finally cleared to go, but we had some paperwork to still complete. Barrett came over and we discussed a name for this little sweetheart. It sure was difficult!! We finally decided on Hannah and love it!
 Here she is ready to go...look at those cheeks!!!
 The boys made signs with my mom that morning. It sure was fun to come home to such a welcome!!
 Tommy immediately started sharing toys with her...poor girl.
 Barrett and Damon headed off on a little shopping adventure. They bought a Coldstone cake...pink...to celebrate Baby Hannah's birth day. They bought flowers for me and a new pink toy for Hannah.

 These are Tommy's signs...apparently he's learning to write letters and his name...I never knew he was ready for it.

 Barrett's parents sent me this delicious Edible Arrangement. We all loved it!!!

We have loved our Hannah girl so far. She loves to sleep...I have to wake her after 3-4 hours to eat. The boys adore her. Tommy loves to sing songs and dance for her. We have also loved having Grandma here. Barrett and I will be outnumbered in 2 days...

9 comments:

Erin said...

Amy - You are super woman!

Baby Hannah is adorable and you are right. Those are some seriously chubby cheeks! Love them!

Ainsley said...

What a doll face! So excited when I saw you'd blogged. Love every single picture... Don't be shy, post lots and lots more of her cuteness.

Bee said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congrats! I can't believe you painted your own toe nails at 9 months pregnant and drove yourself to the hospital...you go girl! So happy to hear that all went well.

Anne Burnett said...

Congratulations, again! I love the picture of Tommy holding Hannah. Enjoy that baby GIRL!!!

Michael J. Moyes said...

Thanks for all the details. I'm so happy labor goes so well for you. The pictures are super. What a darling family! Can't wait to see the addition to the blog name!

Linda M

The Vickrey's said...

So cute. We r so happy for u guys and wish we were close so we could see your sweet new addition. Have fun with 3 its quite an adventure!

JaVan_Sims said...

She is a beautiful baby. I want to snuggle her and kiss on those cute cheeks. Can't wait to meet her. The name Hannah fits her perfectly.
Love you all.

Tiffany said...

Congrats on your sweet girl. I totally understand struggling to find the right name! Hannah is beautiful. So excited for you!

Gma said...

Congratulations! So fun to have a sweet baby in the home.
Love, Aunt Penny