Sunday, August 25, 2013

Last Week of Summer

Well, it finally came...the last week of Summer! I had mentioned to Damon that Wednesday would be a fun day because it was the last day before school started.

So I got an idea the night before to write down little activities for different times of the day and let the kids open an envelope to see what we'd be doing. Well, it worked! They were really excited! The first one was breakfast (Damon got to go to IHOP with Barrett and Tommy will go another day before he starts preschool), we went on a walk, went to Kohl's to pick out new 1st day of school shirts, had lunch at home, played with balloons, played on the slip and slide (which we haven't pulled out all summer!), finished our Magic Treehouse and had a special snack (Chex Muddy Buddy mix), dinner at home, and pack back pack and have a special treat before bed. 




 The boys were playing with the neighbors when I heard the ice cream truck. I had a moment of weakness and bought the boys their special treat from the ice cream man (we've never done it before!). 



Here's a few pics of this little cutie. She's starting to eat more and get a little more chubby, but she's still pretty petite for her age. 
We can't keep her off the stairs. She loves climbing them. Many times she heads up there when she has a poopy diaper and needs to be changed. She's also getting pretty smart. She picks up a comb and will comb her hair. She found a ponytail holder and put it up to her hair like she knew what it was supposed to do. She found her little shoes one day and tried putting them on her feet! She's free-standing a lot more too. She even took 3 steps!!


1 comment:

Anne Burnett said...

You're so good to plan super fun things for your kids, Amy. I was just counting down to school, hoping I'd survive the last few days with all of them home. :)Those 3 are lucky to have such an awesome MOM!