Tommy finally turned 6!! He was so excited for his birthday! He wanted orange chocolate swirl muffins for breakfast and then we went to church. He requested spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. We let him open presents before dinner and cake afterwards. His friend also stopped by and dropped off a present. He was one happy kid!
I decided months ago that I was going to make Tommy a Hobbes from the comics, Calvin and Hobbes. We have a few books and he loves reading then acting them out. I found a pattern online and bought the supplies, but didn't start it until after Christmas. It took forever!! All the stripes were hand stitched on!! I decided to just give him stipe-less Hobbes on his birthday so I could sew the stripes on without having to hide myself in my room and miss out on the fun. I told him I'd sew it while watching tv. One day we were watching a movie and he comes up to me and says something like, "I'm just wondering why you're not working on my Hobbes. You said you'd work on it when you're watching tv." Correct, buddy. So I got to work:)
Tommy wanted a Star Wars cake, but I had no idea how to make one. His cake was a little lame this year, but he seemed happy with it!
We sure love our Tommy. He's our little comedian, sweetheart, snuggler, builder, imaginer, dancer, spanish speaker, super awesome big brother and we love him to pieces!!
1 comment:
I love him, too. Such a cutie!
Post a Comment