Sunday, November 11, 2007

November?

November? Can it really be November 11th? Where in the world has the time gone? October flew by in a flash and now it is almost Thanksgiving. Around the corner is my 28th birthday and Damon's First!! "Slow down everyone you're moving to fast..." (Jack Johnson)




Well, Barrett's brother, Quinn, came for a night. Yes, that's right, one night. He was coming back from business in Turkey and other places and worked it so he had a long lay-over in Philadelphia. We picked him up on Halloween and the minute he got in the back seat, Damon started chatting up a storm. He was pulling out all the stops. Quinn even gave him a ride on his luggage. What a fun uncle.

The next day we went to Philly for "the norm"--Liberty Bell




and Independence Hall.




Barrett's been super busy lately. He finished up classes and is in the middle of finals. He has one more final this Tuesday, then will be done until after Thanksgiving! He still has work to do in Philadelphia, but at least no homework for a few days:)


Damon has turned into a toddler before our eyes. He's walking like crazy, starting to climb things, getting picky about what he eats (as long as applesauce is involved, he's game), still waking up at least once each night (most often within 30 minutes of me going to bed or falling asleep), getting louder and louder by the second, cutting more teeth (total of 9 1/4), just learned to get to standing position without having to pull up on something, just learned today how to give kisses on the mouth to mom and dad (yes, they are open mouthed), and so happy to entertain and perform for other people. Someone at church told us today that her daughter said Damon is the choir's mascot. Everyone loves him, he is so lucky.





The last few days he has rediscovered his books. He pulls one off the shelf, flips a few pages, then reaches for another and does the same thing. Sometimes he gets distracted and looks at a book that's already on the floor. If I put the books away while he's napping, they always end up all over...again.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Yay!! I'm so excited that you guys have a blog! Sorry that I'm so bad at keeping in touch. If you couldn't tell from my blog, I've been a little bit preoccupied these days..........Seriously - little Damon really does have the cutest laugh ever. You guys are such a cute family. I think that you should grace the world with dozens of little edwards babies so that we can all enjoy them. Good plan, eh?

howelltree said...

Isn't it amazing how you can turn around for a few seconds and when you turn back, your house looks like that! Kids are amazing at making messes. It's nice when they can actually start helping clean them up. ..it can be like pulling teeth, but they have to learn.

Weedpatch said...

How well I remember the many trips to Philly or DC whenever relatives from the West would come to visit--I actually really enjoyed them. Barrett must be relieved to be finished with finals--there is nothing like having an entire grade for a semester determined by one test. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Weedpatch said...

How well I remember the many trips to Philly or DC whenever relatives from the West would come to visit--I actually really enjoyed them. Barrett must be relieved to be finished with finals--there is nothing like having an entire grade for a semester determined by one test. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Ainsley said...

gotta love the open mouth kisses.

Erin said...

I'm so glad I know your blog now! It will be a good way to keep in touch. I think you're doing a great job!

Ainsley said...

haha, we will come see you guys soon. we just aren't old enough to rent a car so we don't know how we could see all those places. who knows...maybe you will be by eachother in California this summer.