Second new thing today (yes it is only 10 in the morning--pretty productive day so far). I received a "starter" for Amish Friendship Bread last Monday. I have been cultivating it and this morning was able to finish it off and make some yummy bread. It turned out amazing!!

Now, that in itself is a miracle. For those of you who have visited my place or heard me complain, you know my oven is awful. It doesn't regulate temperature very well and despite the numerous complaints to manangement, is still in our apartment in less than working order. We had to buy an oven thermometer to help us out. One of my goals in life is to be a really good cookie maker and I feel my oven is totally hindering my dreams:) Anyway, for some crazy reason, the bread cooked normal and turned out so good!! Now, I just have to figure out what to do with the couple of bags of "starters" I have sitting on my counter.
3 comments:
LOVE the new template...so cute!
Congrats on the bread, that's so exciting. I would love to take a bag of starter off your hands if we were closer!
Very cute blog. Your gonna have to teach me how to do it!
Ame, you've been the "best cookie maker" since you were 9! I'm so impressed by the breads!! They absolutely intimidate me so Hal does all the home-made bread around here. ha! You're a warrior!
Post a Comment