We were offered a "beach house" for the weekend, so we headed down to Rehoboth on Friday afternoon. Damon slept the whole way there---hallelujah!! Being a few days after Labor Day and school starting back up and the fact that it was a Friday, we almost had the entire beach to ourselves. Damon was soooo excited to go to "a beach!" (as he calls it). He loved walking, running, doing somersaults, and playing in the sand.

He got too brave by the end of the afternoon and could've been swept out to sea--good thing his Dad was there to protect him. He loved running to the water, holding his hand out, telling it to "stop" so he could bend down and scoop up a shovel full of sand.

He enjoyed chasing a poor little fast bird in circles and trying to get Dad to chase him. We bought some Curious George fruit snacks at the store that morning and Damon loved eating "doorje" snacks.

I had a little sip (or so I thought) of grape soda left and let Damon test it out. He didn't mind the dribbling down his chin, shirt, and chest.

We had a great time! There was a hurricane storm warning, but we weren't affected too much--just rain. We expected to wake up to lots of rain in the morning, but had none--just humidity and cloudy skies. We decided to head to Lewes to see the sights. We saw some boats and old cannons and saw the oldest building in Delaware!



It started to rain, so we drove on home in a horrible down pour. It rained all that day and of course was super gorgeous on Sunday...when we were back at home and couldn't go to the beach. Did I mention that Delaware has nice warm water and is usually sunny, not cloudy like the beach trips we took back home in California--awesome!
4 comments:
Wow! That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys didn't have any rain to spoil your lovely beach trip.
I'm sad I missed it...(especially the little boy napping in the car)
Don't you just love the East Coast beaches! So different that California cold water. Looks like a nice little vacation!
Looks like so much fun, we love heading to the beach!!
Post a Comment