Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Diddy"

Damon has really loved talking on the phone lately. My cell phone has a different ring when Barrett calls. One afternoon he called and Damon immediately yelled, "Daddy!" He wouldn't let me talk or even hold the phone for him. He had to be holding it to his ear--so I put it on speaker so I could hear too. Barrett told me what he needed to tell me, then hung up. Damon was so upset that he wasn't talking anymore, so we called Grandma Ro.
She sang him songs and he jabbered away. He still wouldn't let me touch the phone. It was pretty cute:)
Barrett was working on the computer and I can't remember what I was doing, but here is what we finally discovered! Damon has been calling himself "Diddy" which means "Diggy" (his nickname). He just stood on the exercise bike saying "Diddy" over and over again. I've found him trying to get up there again, and he just can't quite do it. Silly boy.

2 comments:

HalnJess said...

I love that he's a phone talker!! This post brought back a ton of memories for me when Kya started chatting away. I remember watching her and you could tell she thought she was SO grown up!

He is so cute!!

And I totally cringed at your post about hitting the bookstore - they still give me a pit in my stomach! UGH! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

Erin said...

Anna loves the phone too. If ours are ever left within reaching distance she snatches them up and starts having imaginary conversations! It's so funny how kids pick up so quickly on things!