BOY!! So, yep, I finally had the baby:) I've been putting off blogging about it in hopes that I'd have some cute baby announcement graphic or something, but I just figured that'd never happen.
Thomas Mark was born on December 28, 2008 at 3:08 in the morning. He was 21 inches and 9 pounds 5 ounces!! I didn't believe the nurse and asked her if she was sure....what a big baby!
Anyway, we had a pretty productive day on the 27th, with making cookies, cleaning the house, going to the library, going to the park, eating ice cream while watching the new Hallmark movie of the night, then off to bed. Shortly after falling asleep, I woke up and realized I was in labor...so I packed my bag, roamed the house, then decided to call the doctor (Barrett had woken up by this point). I was planning on heading into the hospital no matter what he told me anyway. We called a friend and dropped off Damon, then got to the hospital about 2:20. This birth went a lot faster than Damon...and I thought that was fast! We were very excited to finally meet this sweet little one and find out that it was a boy. I'm definitely outnumbered now! The poor little thing was so big, that some of his levels were low, so he had to leave us about an hour after entering the world, to have a slumber party in the NICU. It was strage to be without him after 9 months, but he joined me a few hours later. Then, when he was retested, his levels were low again, so off he went back to his slumber party. The nurses made fun of him there because he was so big...big to begin with, but even bigger compared to all the little premies there:)
He's doing fine now and we're trying to adjust after a week or so. Damon loves him, but sometimes shows a little too much love. While in the hospital, he came to visit baby Tommy and me. He walked right up and said, "a baby, Diggy hold it." A good sign:)
We're so lucky to have another little person in our home. Tommy is such a good baby and so sweet. Barrett keeps reminding me that NOW we're parents and have to be responsible. We hope we can make it through the last few months of school...
15 comments:
Awwww--congrats!!! Enjoy him!!
It's a....Damon twin! He looks so much like his brother, I can't believe it!
Congratulations!
Congrats! What a sweet little baby!
Congrats!! He is precious! I love that you called them "slumber parties" - that makes it sounds so much happier! And 9/5 - YOU ARE AWESOME!
Good luck with the sleep this week! We're thinking about you!
I'm so happy for you guys. He is a beautiful, BIG boy...so cute!!!
I remember feeling the same way when we finally had two kids. We actually felt like a family, more than we did with just one child.
I'm sure your mom is there by now and you are probably so glad for her. Enjoy your new little one.
Congrats, he is so cute!
Yay! Congratulations! He is such a cute little thing. I missed seeing you at Jenny's wedding, but clearly you were off doing more important things.
Congrats again! I can't believe how big he is!!!! :)
Congratulations! That's awesome! He's beautiful!
Congrats! I am sure he will live up to his great name. Tell hime Jelly Beans make the best treats for his bishop's office :)
Awesome!! Happy Birthday Tommy!! What a cutie. Sounds like you're handling #2 just fine. And it sounds like big brother loves his new job!! How fun.
I LOVE the name! And he is definitely and Edwards...those dominant genes and all. Congrats! We are truly happy for you.
Amy, he is so sweet! Great work lady!
Congratulations!!! He is absolutely precious.
his little face, i just love it. he looks a lot like diggy to me. next time call me for the graphic-- got all the programs and have no life :) love you guys.
Post a Comment