Monday, June 7, 2010

Our 3 1/2 Year Old

Damon has been pretty funny lately.
He insists on wearing these short little royal blue "basketball" shorts all the time! I won't let him wear them out in public, so the second we walk in the house, he's up in his room changing into them. I just got a $10 Kohl's card in the mail, so we'll be heading over there to buy a bigger, longer pair of basketball shorts.

Today I came downstairs and he told me he had stacked up all his books that were his favorite...ones with cookies, candy, or ice cream in them. He had sorted out his books into a category he created himself!!

When Rolayne was visiting, she was having a discussion with Damon about going number 2 on the toilet (he will only do it in a diaper). He told her when he was 18 or 19, then he'd go on the toilet. She said something to the effect of...well, you'll be going on a date with a girl, then you'll have to get a diaper on to go to the bathroom. Damon replied, "uhhh, that'll be embarassing!"

Damon put some socks on to go outside to help Daddy mow the lawn. He came down looking like this (see picture below). I think he found some dress socks and pulled them up as high as they would go. Notice the basketball shorts and the cool shirt that doesn't match anything else. Gotta love 3 year olds!

Yesterday Damon was asked to share a scripture in Primary. On the way there, he told me he didn't need any help and that I was supposed to sit in the back. We practiced a few times and he had it down pat. When he got up to the microphone, he froze and barely said anything, I had to run up there and help him out. Here's proof that he knew it! (I love how he says "Ra-moni" I kept trying to correct him, but it didn't work:) Oh, pause the playlist on the right first.


When Grandma Ro was here, she taught Damon Fuzzy Wuzzy. He picked it up really quickly and loves to say it!

3 comments:

QAE said...

Fuzzy wuzzy just made my day. i miss you guys!!! I need to come visit!!!

Ashley said...

I love listening to kids give scriptures and prayers in primary- too cute!

sWeeTcHeekS said...

Totally you-tube stuff. Made me laugh.