Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Anniversary


Barrett and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend.

When Barrett's mom was here, she stayed home with the boys (while she was sick!) so we could go to the temple together (usually we just go as a family and Barrett and I switch off). It was so good to be inside together! I also ran into 2 ladies from our old ward who filled me in on the bishop who's health is failing. We have such good memories of our time there and it was good to see familiar faces at a wonderful place...the temple! Barrett and I were able to go to P.F. Chang's for dinner before heading home. It was amazing. We were so lucky to have that time and so grateful Barrett's mom was willing to entertain the boys for many hours!

For our actual anniversary, we decided to have a family party...since we were basically celebrating the start of our little family.
Barrett and Damon were in charge of the dinner and I was responsible for dessert. Barrett made a delicious salad and stuffed shells. Tommy devoured 2 shells, Damon only had 2 bites:) Our dessert was awesome. I found it on Mel's Kitchen Cafe and it was delicious! We also watched our wedding video...and fast forwarded most parts to keep the boys' attention. We sure were adorable and good looking 7 years ago!! It was fun to see all the people that came and supported us that special day.

Barrett gave me the best gift...he wrote me a song!! Well, he changed the words to the song, Are you gonna kiss me or not. I have ALWAYS wanted a guy to write me a song on the guitar and sing it to me (I AM glad he ended up being my husband). It was amazing...sweet and special. I loved it! Tommy loved dancing to it and Damon sings lines of it around the house:) Barrett also bought me red roses, but since Damon went with him to the store, he claims they are from him:) I sure love my boys!

4 comments:

Ainsley said...

happy anniversary!! sounds like a great day. i say start planning a trip to hawaii for #8 :).

Lyanna said...

Congratulations guys! (The only reason you looked different back then is that you actually had TIME to do things like hair and makeup... instead of like my signature pony and lipgloss... lol). Glad you guys were able to go to the temple together, it's such a blessing!!

QAE said...

You guys are great. I think you should remember how awesome Utah is.....and move back.

Jenny said...

How fun! I can't believe it's been 7 years...and looking back on your post from 2008, it's also amazing how quickly 4 years becomes 7! Crazy!

LOVE your idea to have a family party! We might have to copy that...that is when we have more than one kid. We love you guys!