Monday, March 5, 2012

Yosemite

Another one of Grandpa's days off, we went to Yosemite National Park (his favorite place). We got there in time for lunch at Flat Rock, but the flat rock we used to eat at was in the shade, so we ate at a picnic table. We had the best boiled hotdogs ever and other tasty treats! We walked the short distance to the Ahwanee Hotel but it seemed like it was quite the trek. We had to stop every five seconds to let the boys climb on all the rocks...seriously, it got old. They loved it though. We also went to Yosemite Falls. We were surprised that there was water since there hadn't been much moisture (snow). On the way down from lower falls, the boys needed some prodding...so Grandpa ran ahead and left treats every so often for us to discover...they loved it! I hadn't seen Half Dome yet until we were almost at the car. I had to snap a picture of it with the boys, but we were in front of someone else's car and the sun was in their eyes...oh well, still beautiful. I couldn't believe that I hadn't been to Yosemite since Damon was one (and he stayed with Grandma). Our boys had never been. When they're older, we'll go back and let them explore the Indian Caves and do a few more fun hikes...ahh the memories!













2 comments:

QAE said...

Wow. No snow up there at all. Awesome place.

Jenny said...

I love them! Its a good thing they stopped at all those rocks, because if they didn't we wouldn't be able to see all of those cute pictures! Seriously, they're so cute! I love the one of them close-up peeking over the rock and the one with grandpa. So fun!