Thursday, February 28, 2013

Funny stories...

Yesterday morning, Damon was having bowel issues. We were in and out of the car a couple times trying to get him to school, then having to go back in for him to use the bathroom. We decided he should stay home just in case. After I helped him with a bunch of math work and him seeming to be just fine, I asked, "Are you feeling better? Do you think you should go to school?" His response, "Yes! I'm feeling fine! I don't want to miss my ice cream party!!"

Tommy is in love with Scooby-doo right now. We bought a new DVD at Target the other day and it has Scrappy-doo in the episodes. Last night it was time for his bath and he came up calling me Velma, Hannah was Daphne, Dad was Uncle Scoob, Damon was Shaggy, and he was Scrappy-doo. I was bathing Scrappy-doo when I told him I needed to clean his bum. His response, "Uh, my tail, you mean?" He continued on being Scrappy-doo until bed time. It was hilarious!

Tommy had his first dentist appointment this week. He was super excited (after I told him that he wouldn't need a shot like Jon on Garfield did). He smiled and giggled and cooperated for the hygienist and dentist. At one point, he didn't know what to do with his tongue when his mouth was open, it was wiggling like crazy...super funny to watch.

Awhile ago, Damon and I were at Target (its rare to just have him with me somewhere). We were walking by the baby section and I stopped to look at the cribs. I said something like, "I keep wondering if we should get Hannah a crib." His response, "Oh no, she needs to prove herself first!" Even he knew she rarely slept in her bassinet (she's better now).

Damon's school had Family Literature Night this week. It was rare for Barrett to have the evening free, so the whole fam went. The boys were so excited. We ate hamburgers and hot dogs in the cafeteria then went to 2 Kindergarten rooms to hear a story and do a little project (each family even got a hardback of each of the books!). Tommy loved sitting on the carpet next to Damon answering questions (without raising his hand and not even caring). When Barrett was helping Tommy brush his teeth, he said, "I had fun at Family Literature Night. It was so awesome!!!"

Tommy was having a conversation with his friend in the car. They were talking about what they wanted to be when they grow up. Tommy said, "I know! I want to be a vacationer!! I'll be a dad and take my kids with me." Oh to be 4 again!



1 comment:

Rolaynee said...

I love those kids! Keep the "funny stories" coming.
Love, Grandma