Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day and Other Stuff

Poor Hannah girl has been teething again. She cut 2 top teeth but not the middle ones, the "vampire" ones. She's still working on the top 2 middle teeth and because of this, her naps have been off. Friday, she couldn't help but crashing on her daddy...he loved every second of it:)  Friday was such a beautiful day. We met some friends at the park, then picked up Damon early because of early dismissal, then the boys played in the water, played with bubbles, chalk, and ate popsicles. It was awesome.

 Saturday, the boys got up early to shop for Mother's Day gifts for me. Barrett had a Stake Youth Temple trip that he had to go to all day. Damon's school had a spring fair, so I took the kids. They had fun playing little games. Tommy loved jumping in the bounce house and Damon was broken hearted when he didn't win a goldfish in a bag. Everything was made better with cotton candy!

 Mother's Day was nice. The boys bought cinnamon rolls, so we ate those for breakfast. I realized Hannah and I had matching clothes, so we wore them. It was so fun to have a little matcher:) Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to do my hair...but we did have a couple minutes before church to snap some pictures.

 I was able to take a long nap on Mother's Day. It was fabulous...except Barrett ended up falling asleep with  Hannah and the boys were destroying the basement. I ended up having to start dinner...which wasn't a big deal since I had 2 hours of peace:)

The boys wrapped my presents and made this adorable treasure hunt for me to find them. Damon came up with them all by himself. I had to look in the cilantro plant, look in the trash can, look inside Dad's back, look in the toilet, look in the calendar under December 9th, and look in the basement window. Tommy also gave me a clue to walk up the stairs to find the rest of my presents. This was probably the best part...and the "hints" they kept giving me to figure out what my presents were. 



3 comments:

Barry said...

I love your blogs! It is so special when you and your pretty little babe can dress alike for Mother's Day. New clothes. Coral. It's getting to become one of my favorite colors.
The boys keep life a ball and I'm so
glad to see that you have such a fun family. I can hardly wait to see you in July. I'm looking forward to get some "Hannah" loving!
Love to you all.
MOM - or as Tommy says it...
"Dad's Mother".

jweed said...

hannah's getting so big and so cute! and damon is so clever with those clues. love it!

Jenny said...

Love the matching outfits! And love the treasure hunt, especially the toylite one!