We had a fun Labor Day Weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures. We started it off Friday with no school for Damon. We had some coupons to Chick-fil-A, so I took the kids there for lunch, then to Sam's Club. That night we had a farewell slumber party with our good friends that have been here this year clerking for a judge. They moved out of their place Friday, but had such a wild, stressful week that they decided to stay the night with us! We said our good byes in the morning. As always, it is hard to say good bye to such wonderful people.
Saturday we took the kids to Killens Pond Water Park. It was such a hot, sunny day! We all loved it! We picked up Little Caeser's Pizza on the way home and some movies from Red Box. We had a fun movie party that night.
We went to church Sunday and afterwards while the boys were eating lunch, I was explaining that Dad has to stay after to count tithing. Damon said,"I wish I could count tithing, then I could sneak some!" It was pretty difficult explaining how incredibly wrong that would be...his thought was: people know I'm in there, so I'm not stealing because stealing means you break into someone's house and take something. Yikes...hopefully he finally understood! That afternoon we tried a new dessert recipe called Turtle Cookie Bars. The boys had a hard time understanding why they were called "turtle" cookie bars. I think I explained it at least 3 times! We then dropped some off to some friends, then got ready for bed. Hannah learned how to climb the boys' ladder to their bunk beds!!! She thought she was the coolest thing. Now we have to take the ladder down if we're all in there...apparently she starts climbing while everyone's saying prayers:)
On Monday, we decided to go up to the Christiana Mall to get Barrett a new suit. We always have to stop by the Lego store so the boys can play too.Afterwards we caved and went to CPK. Hannah snagged her daddy's credit card when he put it down on the table. It was pretty adorable!
The boys played Hide and Go Seek with their dad that afternoon, then helped a friend move their treadmill. Tommy discovered his friend's bike with training wheels and wouldn't get off. When they got home, I took off alone and went shopping while Barrett put the training wheels back on Damon's bike so Tommy could ride around. I got home to all kids still awake helping their dad with his 3rd Fantasy Football Team. The boys were pretty cute trying to help. Some of the things they were saying: Ooh get him--he looks nice! We want Uncle Tanner on our team! Get Travis' Dad!! That player looks like a girl with long hair!
It was a great weekend!
2 comments:
Wow, little Hannah is fearless...and very sneaky to do it during the prayer! She is so stinkin' cute! So are the boys. We miss you guys!
I can't believe Hannah can climb up that ladder! That pic with the three of them up on the top bunk is PRICELESS. Adorable.
Post a Comment