I almost took my camera with us, but decided not to--I'm sad about it now, but am glad I was able to get a picture off their website. It was quite the chore to get Damon into the car since he was having so much fun--I had to trick him with Barrett's cell phone, which later he ended up calling Grandpa Barry:) We gave him a much needed bath, then down to bed. We love our library system here and were able to check out the movie: Becoming Jane. Barrett had homework to do throughout the movie, but I really enjoyed it...even if I had to close my eyes at one part. I wonder how truly acurate it was to Jane Austen's life, but it was still good. I looked on the cover today and saw that it was made by the same studio who did Shakespeare in Love and Ella Enchanted. My sister in law got her hands on an edited copy of Shakespeare in Love and we all enjoyed it. Anyway, back to Becoming Jane...there were parts that were so emotion-filled, that I got teary-eyed. I really liked the end, but it made me cry a little too. Good movie, good food, good night.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Date Night
Friday was such a beautiful day with the high of 80 degrees. Damon and I went to the park in the morning and played soccer outside in the afternoon. We picked up Barrett from the train earlier than normal and came home to make dinner. We felt like something summer-y for dinner and decided on pasta salad. We only had pasta, dressing, cheese, and chicken, but it tasted wonderful! We then headed to Woodside Farms for amazingly delicious ice cream and to be outside. Damon loved the ice cream and running around on the lawn. He probably ran 12 laps in this one area.
I almost took my camera with us, but decided not to--I'm sad about it now, but am glad I was able to get a picture off their website. It was quite the chore to get Damon into the car since he was having so much fun--I had to trick him with Barrett's cell phone, which later he ended up calling Grandpa Barry:) We gave him a much needed bath, then down to bed. We love our library system here and were able to check out the movie: Becoming Jane. Barrett had homework to do throughout the movie, but I really enjoyed it...even if I had to close my eyes at one part. I wonder how truly acurate it was to Jane Austen's life, but it was still good. I looked on the cover today and saw that it was made by the same studio who did Shakespeare in Love and Ella Enchanted. My sister in law got her hands on an edited copy of Shakespeare in Love and we all enjoyed it. Anyway, back to Becoming Jane...there were parts that were so emotion-filled, that I got teary-eyed. I really liked the end, but it made me cry a little too. Good movie, good food, good night.
I almost took my camera with us, but decided not to--I'm sad about it now, but am glad I was able to get a picture off their website. It was quite the chore to get Damon into the car since he was having so much fun--I had to trick him with Barrett's cell phone, which later he ended up calling Grandpa Barry:) We gave him a much needed bath, then down to bed. We love our library system here and were able to check out the movie: Becoming Jane. Barrett had homework to do throughout the movie, but I really enjoyed it...even if I had to close my eyes at one part. I wonder how truly acurate it was to Jane Austen's life, but it was still good. I looked on the cover today and saw that it was made by the same studio who did Shakespeare in Love and Ella Enchanted. My sister in law got her hands on an edited copy of Shakespeare in Love and we all enjoyed it. Anyway, back to Becoming Jane...there were parts that were so emotion-filled, that I got teary-eyed. I really liked the end, but it made me cry a little too. Good movie, good food, good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun night! I just got Becoming Jane from Netflix on Friday and now I can't wait to watch it!
amy, i just watched Becoming Jane (well, a few weeks ago) and i LOVED it. i even watched it twice, which i rarely do. i'm determined to find out how accurate it really is. but, just like shakespeare in love, it's now a favorite.
I am so excited for you guys to come visit (its SO boring here!) For Paul's birthday he got swim suit and rash guard and clothes for Costa Rica- his 'main gift' is Costa Rica. The cake was really EASY but didn't taste like your ordinary chocolate cake- Here is the recipe.
1 chocolate cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup of sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 oil
1/2 water
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Bake 350
Very moist and Paul said it was the best chocolate cake I’ve ever made, including Texas sheet; (he was probably just being nice.)
This place looks like so much fun! What a blast! I haven't seen Becoming Jane yet so I'll have to check it out.
I tagged you!
Post a Comment