My cousin "tagged" me...a little while ago. I thought it was an interesting tag because it didn't have to do with my dating history, my favorite things, my life, my age, just simply this:
This is what you do:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.
"And by nodding, all the obys and all the girls had silently agreed that bending the contest rules a little was a good idea."
--No Talking by Andrew Clements
Yes, yes, it is an elementary chapter book. Sometimes in the library I just can't resist! This book is a Blue Hen Award--which means children in Delaware chose it as a favorite. I enjoyed it!
This little tag reminded me of playing "Pei-lar of Fire" with my brothers at Christmas time. One year my mom gave Matt or someone the book "Pillar of Fire" and he would have someone ask a question, open a page randomly, and read the first sentence out of the book. It was so fun--kinda like the game we played in college with conversation hearts:)
Oh! I dont' know who to tag--so anyone who reads this can be tagged if they want to be:)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was fun to read! I love that you have chapter books--aren't they fun to just pick up and flip through?
Hey, are you guys going to the reunion this summer? I'm trying to feel out how many days Hal can get off...
Post a Comment