Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sick

Well, I finally caught it. After seeing family after family pass the bug around and reading people's blogs where they keep getting sick, I thought I was sliding by this year without a problem. Uh, no. I was wrong, boy was I wrong. On Thursday I came home from "running" at a friend's house and proceeded to go along the day's routine. After breakfast, I had a horrible headache and my stomache didn't feel too great. I turned on Elmo and lay on the couch...all morning long. By lunchtime I had the chills and an even worse headache, plus absolutely nothing sounded good. I put Damon down for a nap and then myself. Thankfully, he slept 3 hours! I had to pick up Barrett at the Wilmington train station that night and when I got home, Barrett had to put 2 blankets on me because I had the chills again. I hibernated in the house until Monday morning. I even missed church. I can't remember ever being this sick. I'm glad I'm done, but feel like I missed out on so much. On Monday I noticed many things that reminded me just how long I didn't leave the house--green grass, blossoms on trees, daffodils everywhere!, and the beautiful yellow bushes (forsyth..s something or other)!! I'm glad Spring is finally here...if only the weather would cooperate.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh man, this sounds exactly like Spencer last week. He had to wear his coat at work! I'm glad you are feeling better...I'm still struggling!