Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our Boy

Damon has been pretty cute lately. We were heading out the door Saturday to go to the Primary Pioneer Day Activity. Damon found his Dad's hat, put it on, and started to leave. It was so cute--the few pictures we snapped just don't capture how cute it really was:)
Last week Damon's little $10 Kmart sandals broke. I guess he played a little too hard in them in Idaho. I've been in search for a new pair, but 2 Kmarts and 1 WalMart later, no luck. The big problem isn't just that stores aren't carrying sandals this late in the season, but that the few pairs I do find don't fit due to a little boy with fat feet. Today I fianlly had success!! I decided to try out Burlington Coat Factory. I loved getting shoes here when I was in college--cute shoes at really great prices! Same story--2-3 pairs of sandals, but too narrow for little Diggs. I found some Crocs and decided to give them a try (Walmart's didn't work out). Yeah, they fit!! I let Damon run around the store for awhile in them and they seemed to do ok. I turned them over, $5.99. Not bad. I shopped around, then went to check out. I remembered I had a gift card from like 8 years ago when I returned something. The cashier and I didn't think it would register, but lucky for me it did!! I only had to pay 28 cents for the shoes and the other items (which were on a great sale) I bought!!! So, Damon's shoes were basically free:) The cute part is, he wouldn't take them off when we got home. I told him to go look in the mirror and he loved it! How cute that he loves his new shoes:)
So, this morning I found a onesie and hat our friend, Katie, sent Damon from M&M World in Las Vegas. I tried it on him and tried to take a picture, but he wouldn't let me. I was telling Barrett this story over dinner and Damon leaves and comes back in the room carrying the little outfit asking for a picture. So, I put the outfit on him and he even wore the hat. He still wouldn't let us take his shoes off either. Why are kids so cute?!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I just get so jealous every time I see pictures of your fabulous Christiana Meadows apartment. Isn't it lame how much I miss that place?

I love the stories and pictures of Damon. He's growing up so fast and has such a cute personality.

Katie said...

YAY!! I'm so glad that Damon liked my gift. It's always fun to make someone else's blog :)

Ainsley said...

paul and i were just talking about how every little kid is always wearing crocs. damon is totally in style.

Kim said...

I can totally attest to the fact that Damon has been so cute lately. Our sister, Jenny, kept saying that as soon as Damon asked for something and smiled she couldn't deny him anything.
I miss my little buddy! (and my sister!)

Tyler and Rachael said...

super cute pictures of a super cute boy!!