Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend

We had a pretty busy weekend. Friday, we picked Barrett up from the train and headed home to fly a kite!! Damon was soooo excited until we got outside, then he just ran around. That night we headed to the church for a Cub Scout Pack Meeting (I'm the Cub Committee Chair). Barrett was unlocking the doors and I was getting Tommy out of the car. Damon was walking up the stairs, then the next thing I know, I see a little boy rolling down the last 2 stairs. He cried a little, but was fine after that. The activity was a lot of fun and Damon loved playing in the gym afterwards with all the other children...and adults.
Saturday we drove down to the Washington DC Temple. While Barrett was in the temple, the boys and I walked around the grounds. The blossoms were gorgeous!!! I made Damon pose for a lot of pictures...too bad he wasn't a girl because there were some amazing pinks and purples! It just so happens that Saturday was in the 80s or 90s (not springlike weather!). We were melting by the time we got back to car to get some lunch. We decided that once Barrett was done, it was best to just go home...I had a talk to write for church the next day, we were all hot and sticky, and we needed grogeries. It was nice to visit the temple again...even if I didn't make it inside this time.
Sunday was a pretty busy day with the usual. Funny story...Barrett had to home teach right after church, so his 17 year old companion came home with us. Well, with 2 carseats in the back, not much room was left. Poor kid squeezed himself in, but Damon screamed as we tried to get him in his carseat. He was so afraid and didn't want to get in. Once we finally got him buckled and were on our way, Barrett told Damon just to close his eyes. We looked back and his eyes were squeezed shut so tightly with a look like..."if I close my eyes, he'll go away." After a few minutes, he was showing off and back to his crazy self. We were dying laughing!

p.s. Barrett's in his LAST WEEK OF CLASSES!!!!!!!!!







3 comments:

jweed said...

yay for the last week of classes!

Jaimee said...

Hey, Scott was at the D.C. temple on Saturday with our youth! We keep thinking we should try and meet up with you guys at the temple some time. We could do a little switch off or something! Thank goodness for being done with school, huh?! Your little guys are so cute.

Spitzer Family said...

Congrats on finishing up the last weeks of Law School!!! Now you get to study for the bar....oh Amy, I don't envy either of you-good luck this summer! The D.C. Temple is so beautiful! WE have so many fond memories of taking turns sitting outside the Billings temple while the other one goes in-that's what you have to do when it's not in your backyard!