Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shout Outs

So I have 3 shout outs...not for people, but for products.

1. T.G.I.FRidays has this awesome deal right now (we're not sure how long it's going to last). All their sandwiches and salads are only 5 bucks!!!! We don't go out to eat very often because of family funds...but we do have a little money set aside in our "date fund" whenever we feel the need for some restaurant food. Well, last night we called in an order for a sandwich and a salad. We picked it up and exactly $10 later, we were sharing a delicious meal...we didn't even feel like we had to take it out of our "date fund"....so, try it out, we're definitely going to do it again soon:)

2. Siblings Without Rivalry. This is a book that 3 other moms in my ward have recommended. I haven't finished it, but have enjoyed the few chapters I have read. Basically, it just makes me feel like I'm not alone, my kids are just being kids, and that I don't have it THAT bad yet.

3. The Sneaky Chef. Another book I heard about from the Today Show. Great ideas for sneaking fruits, vegetables, and other nutritious things in food that kids like. I haven't tried out any of the recipes yet, but have enjoyed some of the author's comments. Again, it made me feel like I'm not the only one who struggles at dinner time with a 2 year old...he's just being normal.

So, there you go.

No comments: