Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Almost 2 and a 1/2

So, Damon is almost 2 1/2 years old. He is totally giving us a run for our money. He's getting so sneaky and conniving...who teaches him these things?! One day he was playing with sidewalk chalk and kept throwing it in the air. Barrett told him not to through it or else...Well, what does a 2 1/2 year old do next?! Throws it in the air. When Barrett told him the consequence, Damon replied, "I was bouncing it, not throwing it!"

Damon's also given up naps unless he goes for a drive in the car. What's even more wonderful is that he's been waking up before 6:00 am!! He's totally exhausted and such a pleasant person to be around in the afternoon...ha! I came home one afternoon and found him like this
(PS. Barrett had been home with the kids). Probably never to happen again.

I bought these little jeans at Kmart last year for 2 bucks. They are our favorite jeans...I bought more the other day for $3.50. I noticed they were getting a little worn in the knee, so I put a patch on them. A few days later, there was a hole above the patch. Today, I realized they were torn from seam to seam. Before I knew it, they looked like this!
When I figured it out, I said to Damon something like,"Did you tear you jeans some more?" He looked at me and with a sweet smile said,"sooo beautiful!" All I could do was laugh! I guess they definitely have to be retired now.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh man, we are so having a problem with throwing as well! Except when we tell Anna the consequence she throws herself down on the ground and starts screaming. Such a wonderful age...I'm surprised any of us made it to three!

HalnJess said...

I am totally laughing at the shot of him knocked out! But then I felt so bad for you when I read that he's up before 6. I would die--especially with a baby!! Do you get to knock out with him???

Spitzer Family said...

HAHAHAHA!!! What a funny little guy!! Don't worry, the talking back only gets worse...Man, no matter what I do or say, it never stops. I guess it's better to get it out of their systems so when they are teenagers, they are perfect little angels-right? RIGHT? Here's hoping... ;)