Thursday, May 14, 2009

DONE!!!

Barrett finished his last final Monday! He's DONE with law school!!!! Hooray!!!! We can't believe he's actually done. It seems like just a few months ago that he was graduating with his Master's Degree and we were imagining what law school was going to be like. Now, 3 years later, it is behind us. Wow. So, I drove the boys into the city to meet up with Barrett after he finished his last test. We walked around (Damon ran) and tried to let reality sink in. That night we went to eat at Moe's to celebrate. Damon didn't stop moving.


Tuesday, we headed to our future home to check out apartments and visit the law firm Barrett will be working at. The boys did pretty well. We kept bribing Damon by telling him we were going to the park...we've since learned we need to be more specific...park does not = just running on grass, but means a playground.
Wednesday we hung around the house. It was free breakfast day at Chick-fil-a, so we stopped by and picked up a few chicken biscuits, then head over to the park to walk the trail, then go to the playground. It was fun to play all day and have no set thing we had to get done.
Today, we drove down to the Temple. Damon had found a See's lollipop in a drawer this morning and begged to have it. Barrett kept telling him they'd share it at the temple. Well, by the looks of the pictures, no sharing actually took place.

Barrett starts the Bar review course Tuesday and the studying begins. We sure have loved these few short days of freedom.

8 comments:

Ainsley said...

Congrats Barrett! I wish I could fly out and see you graduate. I love you.

gardeniagirl said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

Kim said...

That really is exciting! Welcome to the workforce...maybe you should go for a PhD ;)

Becca S. said...

Woot woot! (For some reason I'm remembering Barrett saying this, so I thought I'd say it FOR him and you!)

HalnJess said...

Congrats!! I always thought the wives needed some sort of honorary degree to go along with them! You both deserve a huge celebration! Good luck with all the studying and working!

Tyler and Rachael said...

super congratulations!!

Caitlin said...

Congrats!!! That's awesome. So, where are you guys going to live now?

Erin said...

I can't believe it's over either! Congratulations Barrett! And good luck on the bar!