Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day


As we were looking at other's blogs acknowledging their husbands and fathers, I told Barrett sorry, but he wasn't getting an ode to him this year...I'll just post a little something from Father's Day.

Damon crawled into bed with us bright and early as usual and poked Barrett to say, "Happy Father's Day!" We let him sleep and Damon and I unloaded the dishwasher, cut strawberries for our breakfast, made an apple pie, then Barrett woke up and we made waffles to eat with our strawberries. Barrett opened his presents...since he's lost a few inches around his middle, he's been desperate for some new clothes. Old Navy was having a sale with all men's stuff half off...he got new jeans, 2 shirts, and a new swim suit. I also surprised him with some new belts (thanks to my mom's Costco cash card). He got a few gifts from loving family members too. We rushed to get ready for church, wrestled children, then went to nursery and wrestled some more. We had planned to have apple pie and homemade icecream. Damon was soooooo excited for this, so we mixed it up and waited. As we were waiting, Tommy was going to town in his exersaucer, just licking away. I thought it was so cute, but maybe I'm the only one:) Happy Father's Day Barrett! :)

*yeah, you can hear Damon trying to convice Dad to leave him alone with the ice cream mixing away. Also, I didn't even realize Tommy was wearing a bib (in the picture)that said,"like father like son" on Father's Day...I wish I could say it was planned. Oh, and he's cut a tooth!

3 comments:

sWeeTcHeekS said...

OMG, I'm totally lov'n that tongue.

Tiffany said...

That video is so funny! Love it.

Erin said...

I thought Barrett was looking thinner! Was the weight loss on purpose or just the stress of law school?

Happy Father's Day!