Monday, February 22, 2010

New Tie

Damon's been wanting a tie for church. I finally found some at The Children's Place. The toddler ties were a little short and the 4-7 ties were a little long, but oh well. We picked out a snazzy tie and he loved wearing it Sunday. When we got to church, he ran up to the organ to show his Daddy. When Barrett came to sit with us after the sacrament, Damon immediately said, "Hey Dad, want to roll our ties?" I guess it is a game where you roll your tie up to the knot then let it fall. It was pretty cute to see him so excited about a tie...I'm pretty sure that will change when he's 14 or 15. After the intermediate hymn, Barrett stayed up on the stand. I bent down to pick up a toy for Tommy and when I sat up, Damon was running up to the organ! Uh...panic. I saw Barrett turn off the organ as Damon hopped up beside him...that could've been bad. A few minutes later, Damon ran back down. Then, both boys were vocalizing their dislike for having to sit in the pew, so we headed out to the foyer. I got a few comments afterwards from people with grown up children that said, "We remember those days." Next time I'm sending the boys to them:)



4 comments:

Ashley said...

Good-looking tie! And I didn't know that Barrett played the organ. That is awesome!

sWeeTcHeekS said...

He is so cute. Your post made me laugh.

QAE said...

already a brawler. i like the fighting stance

Caitlin said...

ha! i love that last photo, especially. he cracks me up all the time. :)

. . . and months later, i'm sorry we missed you guys, too. that trip ended up hectic (as they all do, and i just couldn't get it together enough to get out too much) sorry!!!