Last week was extremely busy and stressful for Barrett at work. The boys barely saw him and by the end of the week, they didn't want to have much to do with him. Saturday was a great day to mend the relationship with a beach trip! We all had a lot of fun. Tommy has no fear and wanted to sit in the waves without anyone holding his hand. We had to coax him out of the water with food, then dug in the sand for sea shells afterwards. It was fun to be at the beach.
Sunday was Father's Day. We made Barrett some muffins and orange julius which he ate on his way to meetings for church. After church he opened presents. We gave him Jelly Bellys, cashews, and a book that was coming in the mail. The boys hovered like vultures until he opened and shared some Jelly Bellys. They were all best buddies again!
We didn't do a whole lot this week. Monday night was free kids meal at Chick Fil-A, so we had a great time there! There was even a giant cow shaking hands. The boys surprisingly loved him! The next day we went to the library and it was Chick Fil-A day there!!! The cow came and we got free food and coupons for free food. It was awesome! It is now our favorite place to go. The people are so nice and accomodating and the playground is so clean! Plus, we like the food and deals:)
This week's update:
One day this week I was complaining to Barrett that Tommy needed to start saying a few words so he could communicate what he wanted. I said Damon was surely talking by now...so I looked it up in my little notebook. I read all the words Damon was saying at this age. Either that afternoon or the next morning, Tommy started saying things!! He says, "buh-bai", "ah-pai" (happy), "bay-bee", "ap-oh" (apple), "no", "bah-boh" (basketball), and lots others. It is so fun!
Damon got new shoes at the mall. He was really excited and had to put them on the second we walked out of the store. He thinks they make him run really fast. He also played with the neighbor girls for a few minutes the other day. He felt pretty cool.
Barrett wasn't nearly as busy as last week, but by the end of the week he had a headache and the chills. Motrin does wonders.
I am excited to say that this week I completed a book!!! I can't remember the last time I was able to read a book. My sister loaned The Help to me. It was really fascinating and I'm glad I read it! This is one reason why I haven't blogged in two weeks!
4 comments:
i've heard great things about 'the help' its next on my list. i'm glad you liked it.
neighbor girls? way to go damon!
coax him out with food!!! Ha ha ha! like a donkey with the carrot!
Chick filet... Nathan's dream. "Can I refresh your beverage?"
great book! we'll have to have a 'book club' discussion on our family vacation in a few weeks. we are excited to hang out with you guys! and we can share woes about husbands who work long hours. blech.
We read "The Help" for the Christiana book group earlier this year - everyone LOVED it. Glad you did as well!
Post a Comment