- playing outside in the water and dirt
- storytime at the library hearing violinists and eating ice cream cake
- making and eating banana bread
- drawing pictures with a new box of crayons
- making newspaper boats and hats...even a hat for Tommy's bear!
- having 2 little girls stay with us for the weekend and getting lots of hugs:)
- going to a parade for the Peach Festival...Tommy was in heaven waving and saying good bye to everyone passing by. Damon loved collecting candy!
- eating free peach ice cream!!
- making and eating mango salsa
- finally having daddy around...he's had lots of night meetings lately!
What kind of MISCHIEF have the boys been into?
- emptying out mom's wallet and hiding the new gift card to Rita's and polishing off an entire package of Tic-Tacs (in under 5 minutes!)
- picking all but one of our tomato crop before they were ripe...Barrett was sad:(
- rubbing mud all over Tommy's head when it was time to clean up to go eat popsicles
- getting the tub of yogurt out of the fridge and rubbing it all over Tommy's head
- drawing with crayon on the flat painted wall
- breaking a blue unfrozen Otter Pop and getting it all over clothes, floor, and old bed spread, and not telling mom about it.
- eating Tommy's share of the banana bread when mom went to get Tommy after his nap.
- opening a can of soda and sipping it downstairs
What FUNNY things have the boys been saying?
Damon: pretty sure there's cinnamon in my eyes
Tommy: Dah-dee...wrah--ree...(Daddy, where are you?)
Damon: these make me kiss (talking about candy that make him pucker)
Tommy: day doo (thank you)
Damon: I got mad skills (about how good he is at eating otter pops)
Tommy: oh wats (oh rats)
Damon: Uh, because I realllllly love banana bread!! (when asked why he ate Tommy's pieces of banana bread)
In Damon's prayers:
- bless that Jeff can be a good daddy
- bless that we got a mango to make mango salsa
- bless that we can have ice cream, and cookies,...(and a long list of treats that he wanted)
What family worries have we been having?
My younger sister, Jenny, had a sweet little girl on the 30th. They knew she would be born with heart problems and had to relocate 5 hours from where they were living. Within a few days, the doctors decided a more experienced medical team would need to do surgery. The new little family was air lifted to Stanford and the surgery went underway to repair little Afton's heart a week after she was born. It has been a few days since surgery and she is still recovering. For the last 2 weeks, I have been constantly thinking and praying for Jenny, Jeff, and baby Afton. I find myself making lunch or doing other daily tasks and thinking about this little family and I automatically say a little prayer. I have been saying lots of little prayers throughout the day for them. I can't remember a time when I have felt the need to "always have a prayer in your heart." (I am trying to say more prayers throughout the day when the boys get into mischief) These last 2 weeks have made me realize the power of prayer and fasting and family support. I can't stand that I am soooo far away...the only thing I CAN do is pray.
This couple has so much faith and they are already amazing parents...they have truly learned the sacrifice parents make in behalf of their children. We're still praying for you guys!
2 comments:
I remember someone expressing their regrets to a person with health problems, that they wished that they could have done more for them than pray. The person said you prayed for ME, that is wonderful and appreciated. Just saying......
You do so many fun things with the boys that I'm going to quit my job and come live with you, ok? Seriously, you are a great mom with a lot of patience!!! Thanks for keeping your blog up. Makes it seem like you aren't so far away. All the best to baby Afton and your family at this time. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment