Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Long Update

I've been trying to complete this post for a few days now! It is pretty long and probably pretty boring for most people:) So, you're warned.
So I took a few pictures in the last few days but nothing really exciting has been happening. Last Saturday we went down to the Washington DC Temple. It was probably our best trip since Tommy's been born. We all made it back in one piece and with peace:)Here are some pictures of the boys drinking their CapriSuns...it was pretty hot out!
We needed to clean the church, so stopped by on our way home from the temple. The parking lot had a lot of cars in it, so I sent Barrett in to see what was going on and when things would be done. He came back and said we didn't have to clean...yay, but I felt a little guilty too. While we were getting ready to leave, we saw one of our favorite families from our old ward drive up. We went over to talk to them and the boys played in the grass. The next morning I was getting Damon dressed for church and noticed his legs were covered in bug bites. I counted at least 37 on one leg! Tommy only had a few. Monday I had to buy anti-itch cream for bug bites...it totally helped! I caught Damon with my camera one morning snapping away. I deleted them all except this one of Tommy watching tv...it was just cute. Tommy has been talking up a storm lately. Sometimes when he's napping he yells, "mama wharr--youu, dah dah wharr-youu" I finally go up there and he says,"mama, pooht". Yep, he now tells me (not all the time) when he poops. We were at the mall and he found a little Elmo doll. He picked it up and so excitedly said, "Ehmo! Hap-pee! Ehmo! Tyoot!" It was the cutest thing...we couldn't tell if he was telling us Elmo was happy or HE was happy for seeing Elmo. He has really gotten more interested in books lately and loves to look at them by himself and have them read to him. He says, "boohts" for books. On our way to the Temple we told Tommy to look out the window at the cows. He yelled to Daddy for 10 minutes about the cows..."dah dah...ta-ows...(jibber jabber) Dah dah...ta-ows bhoo" He would not stop...he loves cows! Barrett was getting Tommy ready for bed one night and I tossed his jammies to them. Tommy said, "day doo mama." Tommy head butted me one day accidentally and I said "ow!" Tommy said, "saw ree mama." Barrett and Tommy were playing hide and seek one day and Barrett started counting out loud "one..." Tommy then said, "two..." One day we asked him to say the word, "cougars" and he would say, "rah rah rah!" Gotta love the fight song! We love how he says "shoes." I had to video it...it is sooo cute (probably only to us). Pause the playlist on the right first.
Tommy is also entering the "terrible twos." I took his toothbrush from him to put it away and go get him a snack downstairs. He screamed for awhile until I found the snack he wanted. Then he cried because I wouldn't let him take it out of the package. I went back upstairs while he finished his tantrum. He finally made his way back up and reached for his toothbrush to then put it away himself! He stopped crying until we went back downstairs and got the snack back out...the tantrum returned. I let him choose his cracker out of the package and he sat down at the little table happy as can be and munched away. I'm not ready for this...I feel like Damon is still in the "terrible two" stage...I can't have 2 boys there!!

Damon is getting taller and turning more into a boy. I looked at him one day and realized his clothes were getting pretty small. He loves getting new books at the library. Story times have been cancelled for the last 2 weeks, so we didn't end up checking out books one week. We went on Monday and checked out more books than we ever have. He gets home from the library and has to pull out all the books and look through each one a few times then I'll read them all to him. He then gets a couple favorites and hoards them. Speaking of hoarding...Damon has this stash in the kitchen of all his "favorites." A couple containers full of rocks of various sizes, sea shells of various sizes and designs, a manilla envelope full of maps and menus and magazines, a big ziplock full of "coupons" he's cut out of grocery ads, a container (which gets changed every few days) holding his money, and a few special toys that he doesn't want Tommy to get. It is crazy and taking up too much space. I've been feeling like he needs more structure, so I've started our little "school" which lasts a few minutes. We talked about scissor safety yesterday and he was really cute answering questions and demonstating how to correctly carry scissors to and from the drawer. I have been loving www.notimeforflashcards.com. We got this idea from them. Right now we do school while Tommy's napping, but I'm hoping to change it to the morning so Tommy can get some exposure. On Sunday Damon gave a talk in Primary. He had the hiccups and stage freight, but did better than the last couple times...so, progress. I had him say his talk for me one day to video it.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Those are really cute crafts- you are so awesome to start doing "school."