1. The boys were playing football with daddy downstairs. Damon ran upstairs to dig through my cupboards for a "helmet." He found his snow boots for cleats (I guess?) and put a towel underneath his helmet for protection. I was busy doing things and came back into the kitchen to see Tommy digging in the cupboard pulling out a bowl for his helmet. So cute:)
2. Damon has done his "business" on the toilet for a whole week now!!!!!!!!!! He tried it before church last week and kept doing it every time. I told him if he kept it up everyday, then on Friday we'd go to the store and let him pick out a new motorcycle toy. It worked! He spent a long time choosing this pretty awesome guy.
3. Apple tree crafts make me happy. We colored coffee filters green then the boys dropped water on them to watch the colors bleed and smear. After they dried, we used our fingers and paint to make the apples. We colored popsicle sticks for the tree trunks. We colored grass and drew baskets with apples in them. Damon even drew mulch around the trunks and a tumbleweed...I have no idea how he knows about them. Then Damon wrote the words for our project. Tommy's is on the left, then Damon's in the middle, and mine is on the right. I originally got the idea from No Time for Flashcards, but changed it up a bit.
4. Silly Tommy. Friday night Tommy brought Barrett a shirt and wanted him to put it on. Then he brought another one, then another...he had 7 or 8 on!! We were crying we were laughing so hard. Damon thought is was hilarious and at one point he was looking at a tag on a shirt and said, "I'm trying to see what "T" it is." Meaning the size...2T, 3T, 4T... Tommy was so upset when we tried to take his shirts off and leave only one!
5. Beach time! Saturday afternoon we went to the beach for maybe the last time this season. It was such a pleasant day. It wasn't too hot and the water was warm. The beaches weren't very crowded. We played in the sand and just chilled. It was perfect!
6. We tried having Tommy say a prayer...repeating after us. It was so cute. I had him bless each person in the family, "bless Daddy...mommy...Damon...Tommy" When we got to Tommy he pointed to himself instead of saying his name:)
3 comments:
yeah, i think early morning seminary is quite the calling for a mom with two little boys! but i'm sure you are great at it.
i love your bedding. totally something i would pick.
HAT!!! that is so funny!
on another note, all i can say is, when are we gonna buy that boy a REAL motorcycle?!? if i buy him a super small dirt bike will you let him ride it?
Hi Amy! Long time, I know. Your boys are growing up so fast. They sure are cute little guys. I bet you are going to be such a great seminary teacher. Good luck with that this year!
Post a Comment