This was lunch after Tommy's accident...notice the big bump on his forehead.
This was a day or two after the accident...sorry about the food in the mouth. His battle wounds are almost healed. Poor kid was running in the library on Thursday and fell, scraping his scabs off and bleeding like crazy.
On Tuesday night Barrett and I went to vote. I had explained to Damon what voting meant and what we were going to do. When we got there, the helper guy lowered it and let Damon come in to help me...I told him what buttons to push. We got stopped by a reporter (no cameras) asking us questions on who we voted for and why. We ended up being in some article online...I have no idea where...but sounded pretty unintelligent. I told Barrett the next time we're stopped by a reporter and we have the kids with us...we say we can't talk. I told him the rule, kids are a free out anytime anywhere!! After voting, we went to DQ to share a blizzard...yum!
Wednesday Damon and I were making Scotcheroos for our dessert that night (we were having the missionaries over for dinner). I always let him lick the spoon/beaters/spatula when I'm done using it. He had a taste of the chocolate and said something like, "yum, this is good. (another lick) yum! this is super good, (another lick) this is amazingly good." Those aren't the exact words but I cannot remember what he actually said. He just kept using different adjectives to describe his tasting! It made me laugh...until he put the licked spatula on the finished product for more tastiness! He also kept calling the treat, "buckaroos."
Thursday we were able to pick out a lot of books at the library and even made homemade butter during storytime. The boys loved it, until Tommy scraped his scabs off when he fell.
On Saturday, I went with some ladies from church to the temple for our Stake Relief Society temple trip. It was pretty fun to see old friends and learn more about new ones. As always, being in the temple is wonderful! It was neat to be there with so many familiar faces. Before I left that morning, Damon was changing out of his pajamas. He still wears a diaper at night. He broke the 2 week streak and did number 2 in his diaper. He was afraid he'd get in trouble, so he hid his diaper behind his door, sat on the floor to put his undies on, then noticed the floor was messy and used a shirt, a BYU shirt, to try and clean it up, but that didn't work, so he just covered it up. I left the mess for Barrett to clean up. Good thing we have a carpet cleaner!!! Barrett did a great job watching the kids and it was good for both of us to be in each other's shoes for a bit.
So, here's a random picture I took this week of the kids watching basically everyone in our neighborhood getting ice cream from the Ice Cream Truck right in front of our house. Poor kids, just staring out the window.
Tommy is the cutest during prayer time. He squeezes his eyes shut tight and fold his arms. Every time I try to take a picture of him, he smiles. This time he was just opening his eyes and had a little scowl on his face. In church on Sunday he just sat on the end of the pew munching away on fishies. I would whisper that we were having a prayer and he'd squeeze his eyes shut and keep munching away. So cute!
5 comments:
Did you vote for O'Donnell?????
Aww, your posts are so cute, I wish I could post as much as you do, or at least remember to...
oh poor little tommy... what a great blog post. you just made my night.
Since we are openly talking about poop, isn't it ironic that he used a BYU to clean up poo off the carpet? Maybe we have a little aggie in training after all!
Post a Comment