Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still here

So, we're still here...in case anyone missed my awesome blogs (Quinn). A week or two ago I tried posting some pretty great video clips of Damon singing...it was hilarious! I couldn't get the videos to load and so I gave up on blogging...plus Seminary and 2 little boys basically consume our lives. I hadn't even downloaded pictures from my camera in over a week! And, I only had like 15...almost half were of Tommy taken by Damon:) So, here's some random things we've been doing.

Tommy was just chillin' one day in the purple Dora chair on the couch. Damon took the picture.

Before we took our September calendar down, we took a picture. It was Damon's idea to color the apples in different colors to make a pattern. We are still doing "school" while Tommy's napping...one day we tried including him and it was a disaster...he's getting such an attitude and personality!

This last weekend was amazing and couldn't have come at a better time. First off, it was General Conference weekend which is always an uplifting time. Second, our really great friends drove an hour to spend time with us on Saturday. It was so good visiting with them, seeing their sweet girls, having Damon play with friends, picnicking in front of the tv, watching conference, and being introduced to some pretty inexpensive yummy pizza. It was just what we needed!

In between sessions on Saturday, the kids frosted cookies. I gave each child too many candies in their own bowl to decorate cookies (plural). I knew better, what was I thinking? They put all their candies on one cookie and were done. Damon couldn't wait to dive into his cookie...notice the chocolate on his teeth!

Sunday was a pretty great day. The weather finally cooled down...way down! It was a perfect day to snuggle up and watch General Conference. The boys did really well and Barrett and I felt like we were able to listen to more than we have the last few years. Damon had a new box of crayons just like his friend had and I copied off a few coloring pages for him to do. I also got out a new notebook and we basically drew pictures and colored the entire day. It was good to have some quality family time and be reminded why we have to go through the craziness and difficulties of raising children...it makes the good, happy times that much better.

Tommy is so fun lately. He's talking like crazy and saying more new things all the time. One day we went to Sam's Club and we saw some boys from church selling popcorn for Boy Scouts. One of the boys is a really sweet boy and loves babies...he always comes up and talks to my boys. Well, to make the story short (something I'm totally not good at), we bought some popcorn from them. Each time we would pull it out to munch on, Tommy would say "pah-tohn" and then the boy's name. It was so cute. The next time we went to Sam's Club, he was asking for his friend...I had to tell him he was at school. Tommy said, "no stool, (boy's name)." I just love that this 12 year old boy treats Tommy like he's such a special kid, enough for Tommy to remember him and ask for him...and associate places and things to him. Tommy is also really into slipping shoes on his feet...they have to be bigger than his own. Today he was walking around with Damon's shoes on...on the wrong feet.

This week in school, Damon's been working on shapes. He really already knows his shapes, but we've been creating things with shapes and he has been loving it!
He's so funny about things on his hands, though. He can only take so much glue stick on his hands and then he makes me do the rest...I've been trying to push him a little more:) Yesterday at the park he dug in the dirt looking for worms with another little boy. I couldn't believe he would actually get his hands dirty and enjoy it and hold a worm. He asked me to get him books about worms at the library today...Tommy kept running around and escaping, so we only got one. Damon is really into drawing pictures lately. Mostly pictures of pirate ships with treasures of gold and crowns. I'm not sure exactly where this fetish came from, but it is pretty funny. We bought the Wee Sing for Halloween CD and it has been awesome! The boys love it and it is so fun to have some different music around. I highly recommend it (for those with kids).

So, that's that. I'm sort of caught up with my blog...I know I'm leaving out tons of important things I'll want to remember later...but that's how it goes these days:)

2 comments:

JaVan_Sims said...

Love your blog. Keep those posts coming. I'm excited to see all of you in a few days.
JaVan

QAE said...

Whew. Glad you guys are alive. love the stories