Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December

We've already had a super busy December. The first weekend we had a full Saturday with Christmas shopping, cleaning the church, and picking out a Christmas tree. That night I had to go buy a tree stand and lights. The tree trunk is really small, so not even 24 hours after putting it up, it fell over. We also had to take all the candy canes off because we discovered Tommy can open them and devour them.

Damon had a fun time coloring ornaments the following Sunday.

One day I helped Damon with his list for Santa. I tried to tell him that we should wait until after his birthday...he got a couple things for his birthday, so he needs a new list for Santa.

My friend and I have the same birthday, so Damon made her a picture. He spent a lot of time on it and was very careful in his sticker placement and drawings.

I start our string of birthdays in December. I took hot chocolate and danishes to seminary in the morning. The girls in my class gave me a present and surprised me by running down the stairs saying Happy Birthday. Then, Barrett got me my egg McMuffin that I had been craving for 2 or 3 weeks! It was just another normal "mom" day. We went out to dinner and the boys were pretty good...Damon colored his menu and Tommy was cracking us up saying his drink was delicious and giving us thumbs up after every bite. After dinner we went to Cold Stone to buy my cake and Barrett ran in next door to Toys R Us to buy Damon's birthday present. I opened my presents and we ate cake. It was a pretty great day!



Damon's birthday was the day after mine. He was super excited when we told him he got to choose his menu for the day. He wanted french toast for breakfast. Lunch was meat sandwiches and dinner was hot dogs.

We let him open one present in the morning...his BYU hat!

Damon wanted a pirate ship cake, but I tried to talk him out of it and into an easier cake to make. All he wanted for his birthday was a guitar, so that is what he finally decided on. It turned out pretty good and way easier than shaping a cake.

Damon ended up getting tons of presents. He loved the guitar we got him and thinks he is so good on it. He is hilarious when he plays it. Sunday, the boys had a "jam" session playing Jingle Bells. He is so cute, I can't believe he's four!





Nathan came for the weekend and we missed Kim. We met up with some friends in Philadelphia Saturday to see the Dickens Village at Macy's. Last year we hit everything perfect...parking, light show, village, lunch spot. This year...not so much. We couldn't find parking, we missed the light show, Dicken's village was ok, but we stood in line in the lingerie section forever with the little kids staring at the manequins (no idea how to spell that!) and Damon pulling a hand off one of them...while it was dressed in underwear. It was fun seeing our friends and doing something fun! We also stopped off at our old mall. Holy cow! It is super awesome now!! We were totally bummed that when we lived 5 minutes down the road from it, it was a pretty good mall, but now an hour down the road, it is way cool with really fun restaurants and stores! It has been a really busy December so far!

3 comments:

Ainsley said...

i bet he was so excited to finally get that BYU hat!
and a sewing machine for you! how exciting.

happy birthday to the both of you.

Shasta said...

What has been added to the mall in DE? What makes it so cool now? Please do tell. I am interested in this.

QAE said...

i've been waiting for a new post! I loved damon's b-day menu and his christmas list.

ipod, guitar, bike.... sounds like mine too.