Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rock Star and Snow

I told you Damon is hilarious when he "thinks" he's playing the guitar. Kim, you'll notice he's wearing snow boots (on the wrong feet) with shorts (that he found buried in his closet), with a hat. So trendy, I know. And yes, we're listening to a Christmas song from Hansen (how long did those brothers produce songs...3 months?) Mmmm Bop!


It snowed this week. Damon was dying to wear his new boots in the snow, so we went out while Tommy was napping. He even convinced me to do a snow angel too.


These are from Friday in the snow. We got back from Sam's Club and I ran inside and brought the boys boots out to them so they could play in the snow while I unloaded the car. Tommy got an early Christmas present (snow boots from my mom). They had fun, but it didn't last long...isn't that how it goes?


I made these mint brownies for our Christmas party at church a few weeks ago. I was making them for Barrett to take to Mutual, but the snow caused it to get cancelled, so I finished them up for Barret to take to his work party the next day. I'm a total fan of making brownies in mini muffin tins now. They were pretty delicious. I just made a brownie mix then used a cookie scoop to put them in mini muffin tins. Cooked them about 20 minutes, then waited for them to cool. I had some leftover frosting in the fridge, added food coloring and a little peppermint extract. I used my cake decorating tools and squirted the frosting on them and added crushed candy cane. They are cute and yummy!

4 comments:

meagan said...

Damon needs a guitar strap so he can really rock it. (Christmas gift idea?) I am sad mutual got canceled because those brownies look soooo yummy!

Lyanna said...

I second the need for a guitar strap. Do a google blogsearch for a free pattern, I'm sure there's tons.

Edwards Fam said...

Yep, he will be getting a guitar strap so he can really rock!

Kim said...

I LOVE that boy. He's either a natural rock star or he's been watching a show with rockers in it. He's got good beat...