Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowman Season

Now that the birthday and holiday season are over, I've been able to have a little more motivation to do projects with my boys again. One day I was looking on one of my favorite websites No Time For Flashcards. I found some really cute snowmen projects. She cut snowman shapes out of foam and put magnets on the back so they could be recreated over again. I used cardstock and laminated it (with my new laminator!) then put magnets on the back. Damon and I had a lot of fun making silly snowmen. Tommy woke up from his nap and joined the party. He got upset every time we did a silly non-normal snowman...he eventually woke up enough to see how fun it really was. It has been really fun to come in the kitchen and see the fridge with some new creation. Barrett is amazed and all the different ways the boys and I have been able to create things out of the shapes:)





Another project I found on the site was a snowman made out of marshmallows...small marshmallows glued to a paper. We received tons of big packages during December and many of them contained packing peanuts. Instead of using marshmallow, I had Damon glue on packing peanuts. I love how they make the bumpy snow/popcorn look. We found other things around the house for the rest of the snowman. It turned out really cute and Damon loves it.

We felt like painting one day, so we busted out some paper towel rolls and dipped them in white paint to stamp circles for snowmen. Tommy loved it, but started smearing the paint, so I gave him a paint brush. We loved our paintings!



Barrett was going to be on a campout Friday night with the scouts, so I found a cute snowman craft I wanted to do from The Idea Room. With starting back at seminary, I was too exhausted to do it Friday, but I was able to make it Saturday night. It looks nothing like the one on the website, but was fun to do. I even sat there and crocheted a hat for the snowman...it was Barrett's idea, then he made fun of me for crocheting a hat for a snowman:)


Non Snowmen things:
One day we were downstairs burning off some energy. Damon was running, tripped, fell, and hit his head on the wall. It sounded really bad and he started screaming holding his head. I was terrified that he would move his hands and blood would be gushing, but luckily not a scratch. The wall, on the other hand, looks like this:
We showed Barrett when he came home from work. I had to remind him, we were grateful Damon wasn't hurt. He then said that little crazy boy must have fallen between studs. It would have been bad if he didn't fall where he fell. Phew...we feel lucky.

Damon really enjoys drawing and coloring. Yesterday he told me he was trying to draw Woody. It was too cute watching him stare down Woody, then sketch away. I thought it was hilarious that he started at the boots and worked his way up:)


Pretty cute,huh?

*I can't look at Buzz or Woody without being skeptical. Were they just running around with the other toys? Did he just flop himself down the second I entered the room? Seriously...

3 comments:

Kim said...

This makes me miss you and want to move near you so you can do crafts with my poor children someday.

Rolaynee said...

Love those boys so much. I so look forward to your blogs to keep up on what their doing. It looks like they're doing fine and keeping busy. Love Grandma Ro

Rolaynee said...

Love those boys so much. I so look forward to your blogs to keep up on what their doing. It looks like they're doing fine and keeping busy. Love Grandma Ro