Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July

Our Fourth of July was a little different this year. Barrett had to take some boys to Scout Camp early in the morning and stayed all day and overnight. So, the boys and I were hanging out like it was any other normal old day. We tried to make it a little special, though. We made pancakes with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream...we all chowed down! We made Fruit Loop necklaces with just blue and red...I made Tommy's because he was grumpy and only wanted to eat them. They also colored a picture I printed off for them. We ate with some friends then went to the parade with them. The boys love parades. I'm pretty sure Tommy devoured 4 lollipops and a mint lifesaver. After the parade, we walked downtown to see the other festivities, but Tommy was all over the place and not cooperating, so we took off. Tommy fell asleep on the way home. Damon and I had some homemade ice cream and ate it on the couch while watching the Capitol Fourth production on tv. He eventually fell asleep on my lap, so I rushed him up to bed, so I wouldn't miss anything good. I saw the fireworks outside my window and on tv. Go America!





1 comment:

Kim said...

That last picture is my favorite! Way to celebrate on your own.