Monday, July 18, 2011

Pioneers

Barrett and I love hearing about the Utah Pioneers. It may have a little to do with the fact that it played a part in our "courtship."


Anyway, July 24th is Pioneer Day. A day to wear your bonnets and aprons or cowboy hats and sing those fun Primary pioneer songs. I love them! I am the Primary Chorister right now and am loving it! I have been singing pioneer songs the last 2 weeks and keep changing my mind all week which song I want to add the next Sunday. Lately, we have been using my Primary props for our Family Home Evenings the next day. The boys love them...and it makes me want to finally create things in the purpose of saving them for family use! So, I decided that tonight for Family Home Evening was going to be about pioneers. We pulled out my primary song charts and props, Damon and Barrett reinacted a pioneer story, then we watched the amazing 4 minute video: Tried in All Things (this is one I used in seminary this last year and absolutely LOVE...it is definitely a tear-jerker.) We then made covered wagon treats. Tommy loved wearing the cowboy hat and running around with his pistol...which ended up getting confiscated because Damon got hurt and thought Tommy really shot a hole through his hand:) Never a dull moment...





2 comments:

Anne Burnett said...

That top picture of you two is ADORABLE! What did you use to make your covered wagon treats? (You always have so many fun holiday ideas!)

Tanner Edwards said...

Tommy's face is so funny. I'm excited for your visit to see me (me and only me)