I took the boys to pick blueberries at Fifers Orchards. Damon was all business and did awesome. Tommy did great too. I told him to only pick the blue ones and he did! He would fill up his little fist, then go put them in the bucket. We found some apple cider donuts that were discounted because they needed to sell that day, so we sat at a picnic table and enjoyed them! We found a little ant carrying a huge piece of donut and we followed him and tried to take a picture...then he fell down a crack in the table. Tommy said he went to find his mommy:)
July 2
We went down to the temple. It ended up being a beautiful day, sunny but no humidity...or at least not much. The boys and I walked around, found acorns, jumped off tree stumps, benches, and rocks (well, I didn't), went into the Visitor's Center, picnicked in the shade outside, and drew pictures. Barrett later took them to the "motorcycle park."
July 3
Church as usual. Normal crazy Sunday afternoon. Delicious roast dinner. Homemade vanilla ice cream with strawberries and blueberries. I have decided there is nothing cuter than red and blue fruit amongst something white. Beautiful combo:)
Here's a really cute picture of Tommy...not sure when I took it, but thought it was a keeper!
5 comments:
we've been living off blueberries lately-- but not fresh picked, how nice. i love tommy's sunglasses, so cool.
happy fourth!
So cute! I read over and over your blogs at least 4-5 times a day. I love everything the boys (and you guys do). They're growing up and I can't wait to see them. I'm counting the days.
love, Grandma
Hey, we had cider donuts last year when we picked blueberries, too! Sounds like a new 4th of July tradition...I just wish I were there to enjoy it.
...and july 4? can't wait
Looks like a fun weekend. Wish we could have spent it with you!
Post a Comment