The day finally arrived. Damon was so excited to head off to Preschool. Ever since we've been back from our month-long vacation, he has been really skittish. If I go upstairs, he yells for me or comes up with a random reason to follow me up there. If there is no adult within 5 feet of him, he may go hysterical...it is driving us crazy! Anyway, I was really nervous he wouldn't go into his classroom. I was really nervous that he'd just stand around and not know what to do. I sent him to a place neither one of us new a soul...not the teachers or kids in his class! All my worries have been for nothing. He LOVES preschool. He wishes he was going everyday instead of 3 mornings a week. I really don't like the fact that he's with other people experiencing things that I have no clue about. I'm the one who teaches music in Primary and used to teach at a Day Care and Elementary school...I'm the one experiencing things with kids. Now I'm the parent that drops their child off and picks them up in 2 1/2 hours without hearing the funny things they say or watching them interact with others. Do his teachers even know how awesome he is?!! I am doing better, believe it or not.
So, the first day Damon walked in like he was a pro, barely said good-bye to Tommy and I, and enjoyed being there.




Of course Little Brother Tommy had to pack his backpack as well. He shoved any toy into his backpack that he could get his hands on as we were walking out the door. He had to walk into the school with it on too. We now have "Mommy School" which entails singing the Days of the Week song, discovering what day it is, counting the day, looking at the color of apple on the calendar for the day, adn a project...which has to be quick or Tommy loses interest.

3 comments:
My little buddies are getting so big! I love that Tommy's backpack is clear and that he shoved that walking dog in there!
Aw! He's so big!
Oh my gosh he looks so big on his way to school!! That is super scary. What a blessing that he is loving it though.
We put fletcher is nursery for the first time last week and he did the same thing - didn't even look back. I'm the one that's much more worried than he is. Thank goodness I can stand outside the door peeking in on him the whole time:)
Post a Comment