Monday, January 9, 2012

Saturday of Memories

On Saturday, we went to a funeral for a wonderful woman we knew in our old ward. I had served with her in the Primary and she taught me so many things. It was nice to sit and listen to amazing people share memories and pay tribute to this great friend we all shared. It was also fun to see so many old friends and acquaintances.

After the funeral, we stopped over to have lunch on Main St. near the University of Delaware (where Barrett studied and earned his Master's Degree). We decided to walk through campus too. The boys loved running, climbing, and rolling (down any little slope or hill they could find). Barrett and I loved reminiscing about the UD days. Somehow (?!!) we forgot that not only did Barrett get his master's degree there, but he would take the train from Philadelphia there and walk over to the campus to study. It is a beautiful campus and we enjoyed visiting.

We had been promising the boys we'd stop off at Costco for a smoothie before heading home. They sure didn't let us forget and boy was it worth it!! Tommy was so excited and thoroughly enjoyed it the whole time. He loved his "smoovie"!








1 comment:

Thomas Weed said...

Ah, nostalgia. I had forgotten the charm of that campus.

I may have to keep the pictures of Costco hidden from Mother, or she will be heading out to get a smoovie of her own. And, how was a Costco not so busy on a Saturday?