So, New Year's Eve was a little difficult to explain to the boys so we just said we were having a party. In the afternoon, we went to the park to play. We played a lot of soccer as a family and took turns making up obstacle courses. I'm lazy and like to pull the "I'm the mom and dad is here to play sports so go play with him" card, but this time I participated and had a lot of fun! We went home and made little pizzas. Tommy loves sprinkling on his own cheese. I used my new Silpat and loved it!! We played lots of fun games like Christmas memory, Simon Says, Cousin Go Fish (or as we call it "Pull a Weed"), and Don't Eat Pete! We counted down the New Year close to 8:00 and clinked cups of soda! It was pretty fun. After the boys were asleep, Barrett and I played Angry Birds on our Roku and watched a movie. A few seconds before midnight I turned on the TV and Barrett ran in to hand me a goblet of soda...just in the nick of time!
New Year's Day was filled with going to church (we were some of the few that went...only 6 kids showed up for Primary! We have a small branch, but not that small!) We hung out and tried to entertain the boys on those long Sunday afternoons. Monday was pretty awesome. Damon had school, but Barrett didn't have work. I did something that always drove me crazy when I worked at the Day Care...we dropped off our kid when we had time off. Barrett and I put on a show for Tommy while we cleaned up Christmas and organized the office which had become a disaster! We picked up Damon from school and all went to McDonald's for lunch then over to Chuck E Cheese to play games. We all had a lot of fun. What a fun way to spend a "free" day to end our vacation.
1 comment:
personal pizzas! that's my favorite new years eve tradition from when i was a little kid. how fun. happy new year!
Post a Comment