Friday, February 1, 2013

SNOW!

We finally got a bit of snow one night. Tommy was ecstatic to see it. I let him go out and play in it. I felt really bad that he was all by himself, but he sure didn't seem to mind. He made snow angels, ran around, and ate the snow off the neighbor's trampoline. A few days later we got about the same amount of snow, but school was delayed an hour. I let Damon and Tommy go out in the snow for 15 minutes before school. Damon basically pestered Tommy the whole time so then I felt bad Tommy wasn't playing in the snow by himself this time:)





This morning we got at least 3 inches of snow. We were shocked school wasn't delayed or cancelled, especially since it was a half day! I told Damon he didn't have to go to school, but he wanted to. Barrett picked him up and all 3 boys played in the snow all afternoon. The wind was freezing!! They didn't seem to mind the cold and loved it!! They ran, made snow angels, made a snowman (maybe our family's first ever), tackled each other, ate tons of snow and icicles, and loved it! When they were done, I had hot chocolate waiting for them. Barrett and I taught them the grasshopper cookie trick too...we'd forgotten how awesome it was!











2 comments:

Haymonds said...

You got your snow! Yippee!! I was wondering, what with all the crazy cold storms lately.....so glad! Winter is just more fun if you can play in it. My kids ask me every time it snows (which is almost every day) if they can go out and build another snow fort. Hard to do when there's less than half an inch....:)

Kim said...

I love the snow angel in the slightly covered grass! These kids are too cute