My mom's dad passed away when I was around 4 or 5. This year he would have turned 100, so the family decided to have a reunion. Barrett sent me to California to attend the reunion and he stayed home with all our kids! All my siblings were there with their families, all my mom's siblings, and most of my cousins with their families. There were over 150 people! It was so awesome. We had a birthday party for grandpa, heard stories about his life, took a family picture, had a family tennis tournament, had carnival games, had a huge fourth of July party, had a Freedom 5K run, decorated and put on our own 4th of July parade, fireworks, party at the lake, dance parties, programs, singing, and fun fun fun! It was fun to see so many cousins with their families. It was nice for me to be without my kids so I could enjoy chatting with cousins and siblings without worrying about my cranky kids. There's a few things I wanted and got while in California: In N Out (yum!), CMK ice cream (double yum!), and a good ol' maple bar (delicious!).
Kim and I were roommates. It was awesome!
Julie and our cute nephew...the only baby right now.
I love this smile! What a cute nephew!
Cousins reunited!! We were the closest girl cousins in age...the rest were boys.
My 4th of July cute niece.
My 4th of July sisters.
More nieces ready for the parade.
The trailer my aunt nabbed Kim and I into decorating at the last minute.
I saw this across the street and had to take a picture for my Giants fan boys:)
Nacho Cheese was a hit!
I gave my niece 2 Oreos and this is the best way to eat them:)
Cousin fun! I loved meeting this cute babe and her hanging with her awesome mom (and dad).
Pool time in Gma and Gpa's pool. Kim and I snuck out one day and had some good tube races. Kim also taught all the kids how to play toothpick. Uncle Jeff was all over that game:)
Love these cute cheesin' kids!
Becca and Mark representing our family in the semi-finals.
Sisters up early after staying up late:) Not sure where everyone else was.
No comments:
Post a Comment